Jeep Renegade Forum banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Had a 13 year old Dodge Ram 1500, Daytona pick up prior to picking up my 2017 Limited. Loved that truck, however, it passed everything but a gas station. The 5.7 Hemi did not have the MDS system in it so all eight cylinders fired all the time. The body was also showing signs of corrosion cancer (rust), so it was time to say so long. My wife had a 2011 Jeep Patriot that she tooled around in, which I got to drive on occasion. I liked that the vehicle had four wheel drive, even though it was billy basic. I wanted a four wheel drive that was inexpensive to fuel up, so It was either a Renegade or a Compass. I chose the Renegade because of it's shape. It reminded me of a Wrangler, were as the Compass was more a tune to a mini Grand Cherokee. I bought used, seeing that a new vehicle built to my specifications would be outrageous in price. Found a great deal at a local wholesaler lot with all the options that I wanted, at a price I could afford, with relatively low kilometers on it. That was almost 2 years ago. Love my Jeep Renegade. It still turns my head when I walk away from it. That has got to count for something.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I wanted something that drove like a car but could pull/launch and recover my boat.

Jeep Renegade Longitude 2.0 4x4 Diesel has proven it's worth time and time again when other "BIG and proper 4x4s failed" :p:p:p

·
Registered
2017 Latitude 4x4 1.4 Alpine White, 2018 Latitude 4x4 1.4 Omaha Orange
41 Posts
Bought my 17 latitude 1.4 4x4 because my 2013 Malibu was starting to fall apart with only 40k on it and I didn’t have faith it would last me to 100k ... also a small 4x4 with stick that gets me over 29mpg avg consistently and is fun to drive why not.. Malibu was averaging 25mpg when it was rated 25-35

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
We needed a new car and I wanted something that would be good in the snow and also good for fishing. The style caught our eye and after we test drove it thought it would be a good choice for us, right size, decent mileage and adequate for what we wanted to do with it. Turned out we made the right choice. The Renegade has done everything we wanted.

·
Registered
263 Posts
2 time owner. First time around I was into the look of the Renegade since they let spy photos slip. Plus I have a thing for small vehicles. So I was able to snag a 2016 Latitude 1.4T w/ Manual 4x4 for way under retail 4.5 years back. Then it got smoked in a wreck.

Recently decided I needed another practical vehicle after owning a lovely Miata. Looked at a few Mazdas. but our roommate had owned a 19 Trailhawk for 6 months and I kept staring at it longingly, remembering Jeepetto. Then I worked the 3 local Autonations against each other and received our 2019 Trailhawk for roughly $9,700 off the MSRP on a brand new Renegade. Well that was settled plus the 1.3L Turbo works great with the 9 spd trans. I believe those issues are thing of the past as long as you have this set up.

·
Premium Member
1,203 Posts
2 time owner. ... 2019 Trailhawk for roughly $9,700 off the MSRP on a brand new Renegade. Well that was settled plus the 1.3L Turbo works great with the 9 spd trans. I believe those issues are thing of the past as long as you have this set up.
Now we just need some pictures of the new ride.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I had my Grand Cherokee for 19 years and 267K miles. I wanted something as comfortable, but smaller. Just like others, the Renegade has a different look to anything else on the road. I traded my GC for a 2016 Renegade Sport, which I drive for two years. I loved that Renegade, but missed all the extras features that the GC had, so I traded in the Sport for a 2018 Trailhawk. Still quite pleased with it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My 2010 Patriot with 200k was starting to show its age. The 2019s were at employee pricing. And in the back of my mind I remembered being in Rome for work the year the Renegade came out. I saw one there and said something about it and the cab driver said “Bella no?”. I’m guessing it was fate. Great in the snow, my ice fishing rig fits in the back, my cubscout has plenty of room in backseat. Life is good.

·
Premium Member
1,203 Posts
Truth be told, I needed a snow worthy commuter for work.

The Renegade was new, has cool looks and just seemed perfect for what I needed.

My first Renegade was a 2015 "Smurf" Blue Trailhawk. Although it was "fully loaded", it didn't have everything that I was looking for (some options were not available yet).

Mid 2016, I took my Renegade in for a service and some software updates. As my lil Renegade was being worked on, I saw on the lot was a 2016 Black Trailhawk, with everything I was looking for. Tow Package, Leather Heated seats and steering wheel, and more...

I had a talk with sales manager, and before ol Blue was done with it's service, I was the proud owner of a shiny new ride. With everything I was originally looking for and more.

No complaints with the Renegade, it has it's quirks, as ALL new vehicles do.
I am happy with the choice I made.

... and I liked the song Renegade...

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I like the game Renegade and I like red as a 1st choice colour for my cars.

For me a Red Renegade that had a good, rugged, blocky look sealed the deal.

For me the Nissan Quashqui, Dacia Duster (brilliant car in the snow aparantley) just didn'thave the ruggedness I was looking for. My previous 4x4 was a Nissan Terrano 7 seater and that really was a beast of truck. This Renny fitted the bill nicely and it still turns heads on the beach or when it's gleaming and parked up.

ps. I have just seen my first metallic slate grey Renny today. A 2019 plate here in Scotland.

·
Registered
78 Posts
We used the employee discount from a family member,we found a left over we liked.Wife wanted heated seats & steering wheel,I wanted 4x4 or AWD & remote start.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Woman just don't see the potential to have fun in a car that we do :p:p:p

Then when you allow the missus to drive it on a trail you know fine well what happens!!

Your car is her car and you won't drive a pretty pink resprayed Jeep :eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I needed a new commuter car and have a soft spot for jeeps in general.

My first car was a ‘86 CJ-7 and I kick myself for not keeping it for weekend driving but I was young and it broke down a lot lol.

I really wanted a 4 door rubicon, but couldn’t justify/ afford paying 40-50k when I just got married and bought a house on our own dime 6 months prior.

The renegade trailhawk was a great compromise! So far I absolutely love it. I’ve only put about 2k miles on it, but I’m really happy with my purchase.

I’m planning on modding it to be a compact overlander.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts