Jeep Renegade Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

First time poster; so please be patient with my naïveté and ignorance.

I have a Renegade Latitude as of this week (and LOVE IT!), but haven't quite figured out why my interior lights won't turn on automatically, like in most vehicles, when I open my car door. It's especially annoying upon unlocking and entering my Renegade at night. I have to fumble for the light dial (to the right of the headlights dial) to manually turn on the overhead interior lights.

I've tried looking up the answer in my manual (no help at all).

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks guys!!

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi guys,

First time poster; so please be patient with my naïveté and ignorance.

I have a Renegade Latitude as of this week (and LOVE IT!), but haven't quite figured out why my interior lights won't turn on automatically, like in most vehicles, when I open my car door. It's especially annoying upon unlocking and entering my Renegade at night. I have to fumble for the light dial (to the right of the headlights dial) to manually turn on the overhead interior lights.

I've tried looking up the answer in my manual (no help at all).

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks guys!!

· Super Moderator
3,685 Posts
Interior light settings are in the menus off the radio. There are lots of options for what interior and exterior lights due when turning off and locking the vehicle.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Omg, Logan5!! So is that thumb wheel supposed to be midway or something?!

It sounds silly but I am not super familiar with some basic features of more modern vehicles. I had a used older car for years and the Renegade is my first brand new car!

So where is that thumb-wheel supposed to be then? I will try various configurations, but I will await your response to begin testing it out this morning! Thanks!

· Registered
285 Posts
Omg, Logan5!! So is that thumb wheel supposed to be midway or something?!

It sounds silly but I am not super familiar with some basic features of more modern vehicles. I had a used older car for years and the Renegade is my first brand new car!

So where is that thumb-wheel supposed to be then? I will try various configurations, but I will await your response to begin testing it out this morning! Thanks!
Try it in a middle position. All the way "up" will turn the lights on while you're in the car. All the way "down" turns them completely off. I hope this fixes it for you!

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Logan,

That worked! I dialed the thumb wheel and put it on the first "notch"' (for lack of a better term) and that setting seemed to turn lights on upon entering the vehicle. I also waited outside of my Renegade after locking it and made sure the lights turned off on their own. :)

You rock! I feel like such a dork for not knowing this, but I guess most modern vehicles today work this way. I will keep this in mind for the future. Thanks again, Logan!

· Registered
39 Posts
Logan,

That worked! I dialed the thumb wheel and put it on the first "notch"' (for lack of a better term) and that setting seemed to turn lights on upon entering the vehicle. I also waited outside of my Renegade after locking it and made sure the lights turned off on their own. :)

You rock! I feel like such a dork for not knowing this, but I guess most modern vehicles today work this way. I will keep this in mind for the future. Thanks again, Logan!
Glad I found your thread as I was wondering the same! I am a complete neophyte with all this new vehicle tech too! I think I will read the manual front to back.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.