Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the backup camera and the Uconnect 5.0 and notice that the backup display is color but all the radio stuff is in monochrome. Since they had a full palette of colors to choose from does anyone know why the designers did not add some color to the radio display ? It would have been nice to have the presets in a different color. The Cherokee also uses the Uconnect 5.0 but they have some color in their displays. Its there so why not use it ? I am hoping there are updates to Uconnect 5.0 so that we can have some color in our world. Yes all you lucky people with Uconnect 6.5 don't have this issue but I did not need NAV in my car.

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
OK but you have to admit it would look nicer if they gave us the ability to change backgrounds and things. The bigger screens let you choose themes and that would be nice.
Maybe. I can't argue that their choices are very functional and could be dropped in any jeep in any color without issue.

Would good color options be nice? Maybe, but understated functionality beats clown vomit. So if they are going to miss the mark, I think they chose the least worst option.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Maybe. I can't argue that their choices are very functional and could be dropped in any jeep in any color without issue.

Would good color options be nice? Maybe, but understated functionality beats clown vomit. So if they are going to miss the mark, I think they chose the least worst option.
I would like a little more functionality, but I'm with you on this: a multicolored radio display would get annoying real fast.

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
Every other device I use, tablets, phones, computers, TVs, even my watches, have multicoloured displays. None of them annoy me.

There are plenty of android skins that I find awful. The playchool UI that windows XP came with was also horrible. It's not that color can't be done well, it's that I'll take understated functionality and be happy with it over trying to be flashy and failing.

IMO I don't really like a lot of the pics of the color 6.5 interface I'm seeing. The use of colors seems kind of arbitrary.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
There are plenty of android skins that I find awful. The playchool UI that windows XP came with was also horrible. It's not that color can't be done well, it's that I'll take understated functionality and be happy with it over trying to be flashy and failing.

IMO I don't really like a lot of the pics of the color 6.5 interface I'm seeing. The use of colors seems kind of arbitrary.

I like simple too, but not dull.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.