Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had an open case with Jeep Wave, and my own personal guy to talk to on the Beats Audio issue. Back in early June, my consultant calls my work number in the evening and leaves a voicemail. The weekend comes and goes and he calls again to my work number while I'm not there and leaves another voicemail saying he's closing my case since I haven't responded. Meanwhile, he's leaving messages on my work number at my desk. So I get the message when I get into work the next day and call and let him know that he's calling the wrong number and I don't want my case close. Also at this time, I find out that a TSB has been issued on the exact issue I have a case open for. Did he ever mention the TSB? No. I asked for a new person to be assigned to me and my case. I haven't heard from him in almost 2 months. I contacted Jeep Wave again, and they said he was still my case manager and they would leave a message for him to call me. It's been almost 2 weeks since then, I have still not heard from Jeep Wave. I contacted them as I never received my Jeep welcome package, as my original case manager (Quincy) told me to do, and they told me I had to call someone else. I'm about sick of calling one person to be told to call someone else. What is Jeep Wave's purpose, to point me in the direction of who to contact, or to resolve my issues?

Not to mention the last time I was using the online chat feature, I warned them that my computer was about to reboot and if I disconnect, not to be offended. Well, I had a pop up that I had 1 minute before it would reboot and I tried to copy the conversation for my records, but the computer rebooted early. When I got back up and running, I asked for the transcripts, but was told they can't provide them because once I disconnect, it becomes property of FCA.

Sorry. After 2 months of back and forths, I'm about sick of Jeep Wave doing nothing for me except the free oil changes and opening case numbers that sit and never look into resolutions for them. A TSB is out for my case, but you're going to just close the case? So fed up, I can't even bring myself to call Jeep Wave again to get the number to call for the welcome package. I bought my jeep almost 5 months ago. When do I get the welcome, after I've been an owner a year?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry for the rant. Guess I'm the only one fed up with Jeep Wave run around and them not returning my calls or getting me a different case manager.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
I get it that you're p!ssed, I would be with someone giving me the runaround. A simple phone call would be nice, even if there is no development.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
I had to have a look at why the Jeep wave is a crock. I honestly thought somebody had been driving their Renegade and waved at other Jeep Owners and didn't get the wave returned or they got the middle finger. Turned out to be something completely different :laugh:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I get it that you're p!ssed, I would be with someone giving me the runaround. A simple phone call would be nice, even if there is no devlopment.
Thank you. But my problem is also that jeep wave did call to basically ask if I still had the problem and then closed it when they didn't hear back. I don't really need calls to talk about no progress and even if they do call to tell me that. I certainly don't expect them to close my case just because I didn't call back to tell them it's still an issue.

Meanwhile I checked when I heard the tsb was out for beats audio and it was released before they closed my case. Basically jeep wave called to tell me they had nothing and ask if the problem magically resolved itself. Then closed it. I've asked jeep wave to contact me twice since then. I've asked for a new case manager and I've gotten neither.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
More reasons Jeep/FCA really doesn't care...

So after I finally thought I got a good Jeep Cares person working my case, they've fallen off the map. They call and leave me voicemails, and when I call back within an hour and leave them one, I don't hear from them for days.

My Jeep has been in the dealership now several times over the last 2 months. For at least a month over the past 2. Have they offered me anything? No. How about paying off a month of my car since I haven't had it for over a month to drive? I'll keep paying to have insurance on it though.

I've got a vehicle nearly (if not already) eligible for Lemon Law and their offer: Employee pricing on another vehicle. So I get 3-5% off my next vehicle, but lose over $10,000 (according to Edmunds) on the trade in of a Lemon?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Then just go the lemon law route if you qualify. Take the recourse available rather than wishing things worked differently. It's really the only option.
I know. Sorry. This gripe was more about Jeep Wave Customer service than what's going on with my vehicle. Call me an optimist, but I keep waiting to get my actual vehicle back before I go Lemon Law this one last time. Each time I'm about to pull the trigger since it's been at the dealership for 3 weeks now just on this last service engine, something gives me hope to wait just a bit more. Finally they decided to replace the wiring harness, after I told them initially that it could be the problem. Instead they replace the TCM and then the whole transmission!? Sorry, this is about Jeep Wave, I'm getting riled up again.

My complaint in this thread is that Jeep Wave, even after I return their voicemail and leave a message, do not return mine in a timely manner. Not to mention FCA has offered me nothing in the way for the inconvenience that the many trips to the dealership has caused me. I'm torn between loving the Renegade and filing Lemon Law because I feel like they really don't care about the customer. Sure fixing the vehicle is first priority, but the Jeep Wave rep is not working on the vehicle and their job is to try and keep me happy. They had an excuse that they were out of the office last time they didn't return my calls for days, and now it's happening again. Sorry, but I'm sure more than one person works there. Someone should be backing her up if she has to be out for a few days and return her phone calls.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just thought I'd update everyone (or anyone that cares to read another of my long posts) on my situation and more on my interaction with Jeep Wave. After getting my jeep back on 12/30 after it was at the dealership since 11/29 for a wiring harness replacement, the service engine light came on this morning again. I contacted the dealership yesterday about my 4-ways and seat/steering wheel buttons not working, and was told they are booked up until next week, so I haven't told them about the service engine light again, as this was my last attempt at having them fix it.

I contacted Jeep Wave (Patricia) to let her know it has come on again, and this is where I get frustrated. She answered the phone with a quick and very short: "This is Patricia" No "Hi" or "Hello" or "Thank you for calling Jeep Wave." I thought it was her voicemail, so I waited for a beep for a few seconds until I notice the clacking of typing on a keyboard in the background and we both say something at the same time. She continues to clack away on the keyboard while I tell her who I am and that my service engine light is on again. She asked if I contacted the dealership, I said they are booked up until next week, but that I'm going to contact a lawyer about lemon law. Maybe she's as tired of dealing with me as I am with my Jeep, but all she says is she will step away from the case now. I contacted Jeep first to really give them the opportunity to offer me something before I get a Lawyer involved as they'll have to pay me back and pay the lawyer fees. So thought they'd rather offer a buy back now for a lesser price, and since I'm pretty sure Lemon Law vehicles can't be resold without some stipulations, but instead just a "I'll step away from the case." All the while she continues to type away with no expression of care for me. While I can't be certain, I'm almost positive she wasn't typing anything about my case but was working on other things while she should be concentrating on the customer. I was excited about the Jeep Wave program and the higher customer service I thought it would provide, but after dealing with at least 2 of them, I don't think they are any better than normal customer service.
@JeepCares

·
Registered
519 Posts
Just thought I'd update everyone (or anyone that cares to read another of my long posts) on my situation and more on my interaction with Jeep Wave. After getting my jeep back on 12/30 after it was at the dealership since 11/29 for a wiring harness replacement, the service engine light came on this morning again. I contacted the dealership yesterday about my 4-ways and seat/steering wheel buttons not working, and was told they are booked up until next week, so I haven't told them about the service engine light again, as this was my last attempt at having them fix it.

I contacted Jeep Wave (Patricia) to let her know it has come on again, and this is where I get frustrated. She answered the phone with a quick and very short: "This is Patricia" No "Hi" or "Hello" or "Thank you for calling Jeep Wave." I thought it was her voicemail, so I waited for a beep for a few seconds until I notice the clacking of typing on a keyboard in the background and we both say something at the same time. She continues to clack away on the keyboard while I tell her who I am and that my service engine light is on again. She asked if I contacted the dealership, I said they are booked up until next week, but that I'm going to contact a lawyer about lemon law. Maybe she's as tired of dealing with me as I am with my Jeep, but all she says is she will step away from the case now. I contacted Jeep first to really give them the opportunity to offer me something before I get a Lawyer involved as they'll have to pay me back and pay the lawyer fees. So thought they'd rather offer a buy back now for a lesser price, and since I'm pretty sure Lemon Law vehicles can't be resold without some stipulations, but instead just a "I'll step away from the case." All the while she continues to type away with no expression of care for me. While I can't be certain, I'm almost positive she wasn't typing anything about my case but was working on other things while she should be concentrating on the customer. I was excited about the Jeep Wave program and the higher customer service I thought it would provide, but after dealing with at least 2 of them, I don't think they are any better than normal customer service.
@JeepCares

I would have immediately asked for her supervisor.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I would have immediately asked for her supervisor.
Frankly I was at such shock at her shortness and apathy to the matter that I couldn't wait to file for the Lemon. If Jeep doesn't care to keep their customers happy and show some concern for the problems people are having, then lesson learned on my part. Besides, I don't expect to need to contact supervisors and b*tch to get people to do their job as they should. Maybe they are told to just end the case and walk away when a customer mentions lemon law? I don't know much about lemon law, but p**sing more of them off won't succeed in them offering up anything I'd like to get out of them, like the 0% 60 month loan on my next vehicle, or refunded or ability to transfer my MaxCare Lifetime Warranty that was useless on a lemon. That's if I even go with another FCA vehicle. Right now I'm leaning towards a Wrangler Unlimited, but really fighting that urge as I don't want two sub 20 mpg vehicles at home. I have a Wrangler sport at home already. Yeah, the TH barely was in the 20s though.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.