Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
Because you can't get the gear ratios with the 6 speed that you can with the 9 speed. Also, a number of the base features wouldn't function, like hill descent control and such. At that point it becomes a pretty pricey package for the bumpers and skid plates. At that point you are messing around with some serious trim level feature and pricing issues for 11% of customers at best. That is assuming that you 100% cannibalize other jeep models for your sales. If you don't you are heading down to 6%, which is the industry average for buyers who actually buy an MT.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I for one would have purchased a Trailhawk with a manual transmission if it had been available.

Now if the 2017 Renegade offers a Trailhawk with a manual, and (at least) the 2.4L engine, and maybe a real 4:1 transfer case, I'd be first in line. :D

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
I for one would have purchased a Trailhawk with a manual transmission if it had been available.

Now if the 2017 Renegade offers a Trailhawk with a manual, and (at least) the 2.4L engine, and maybe a real 4:1 transfer case, I'd be first in line. :D
And it won't. There will not be a gear reducing transfer case on the renegade. There isn't space for it. Heck there's barley space for the driveline it has.

·
Registered
162 Posts

I for two WOULD have purchased one if they had offered a manual even at the higher price. If the Trailhawk were offered with the 1.4T/6-speed it would start at $24,795 ("upgrading" to the 2.4 with a slush box is a $1200 option). Assuming I paid the MSRP for my Latitude (I didn't) I would have paid $23,295. I would have happily paid the extra $1500 for the TH front bumper, skid plates and tow hooks I now have to buy and add on myself. It's the one BIG (and pretty much only) complaint I have with Jeep and the Renegade.

-Jason

·
Registered
149 Posts
I wonder how long it will be before a 1.4T Latitude ends up with TH bumpers, skid plates, tow hooks, and a lift.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I wonder how long it will be before a 1.4T Latitude ends up with TH bumpers, skid plates, tow hooks, and a lift.
Give me a year.

-Jason
I was also thinking about adding a TH front bumper and towhooks later on in a few years when they can easily be bought online.

·
Registered
607 Posts

I would have also bought the TH if it came in manual, even with the 1.4T - I actually prefer that 1.4L engine, it has more torque and is easier to bolt on mods to it and make more power.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
One reason that I went with the Trailhawk (with its automatic transmission) is because I wasn't impressed with the 1.4L turbo that was in the 500L that I test drove. I only drove the 500L since in early April there weren't any Renegades with the 1.4 available for me to drive. Granted the 500L is a different car likely with a different final drive ratio, but I didn't like the engine as compared to the 2.4L in the Renegade. I will say that the 6 speed manual shifted beautifully.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I for two WOULD have purchased one if they had offered a manual even at the higher price. If the Trailhawk were offered with the 1.4T/6-speed it would start at $24,795 ("upgrading" to the 2.4 with a slush box is a $1200 option). Assuming I paid the MSRP for my Latitude (I didn't) I would have paid $23,295. I would have happily paid the extra $1500 for the TH front bumper, skid plates and tow hooks I now have to buy and add on myself. It's the one BIG (and pretty much only) complaint I have with Jeep and the Renegade.

-Jason
Checking Jeep's website, a 4x4 Latitude with the $1400 -- not $1200 -- 9spd/2.4 is $25,690 after destination ($995) and before applicable offers; a Trailhawk post destination and pre-offers is $26,990. With that, it only costs $1300 to upgrade to a Trailhawk. That is a price I too would have gladly paid if it was offered in the 6spd/1.4T.

Aside from the lift, I plan to do all of those things! I'm wondering if the frame already has the mounts/supports/holes for me to attach the tow hooks and skid plates.

I would have also bought the TH if it came in manual, even with the 1.4T - I actually prefer that 1.4L engine, it has more torque and is easier to bolt on mods to it and make more power.
Same here. As much as I love all the nice off-road bits on the Trailhawk, I prefer the 1.4 turbo and manual transmission so much more. Aside from the upgraded PTU with the crawl ratio, extra rock crawl algorithm, and hill descent control, I can easily add the other bits. Guys with the Abarth are going from 140 to 175 whp (about 200 crank) with just a flash; I'm hoping we'll see the same not before long.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.