Jeep Renegade Forum banner

Why the hate

51K views 120 replies 66 participants last post by  agentlossing 
#1 ·
I was on the jeep facebook page and man so much hate for the renegade. All the wrangler and cherokee owners hate it, the styling, fiat chassis, not a real jeep they say. I personally think it pretty capable for a small suv. I do find it funny all the wrangler purists driving 4 door wranglers and hating on a renegade lol, thats a bit like pot calling the kettle black. No problem with 4 door wranglers at all but to me a wrangler is 2 doors and sometimes no doors! But I dont say anything cause to each their own, 4 door wranglers and cherokees are fine jeeps. However the hate for the renegade is strong among jeep owners.

Discussion starter · #2 ·
I should also say Im not trying to start any arguments nor do I want any. Im trying to understand why it isnt considered a real jeep, was there this much pushback when they introduced the patriot, or other models? This is my first jeep so thought I would be part of a community not an outsider lol!

Discussion starter · #6 ·
Well I totally understand the not built in America, but many vehicles these days are built out of country, mexico, canada etc. I feel I still bought American, could have bought honda, kia, toyota but decided to stick with an American brand Jeep. Also dont think its nice to call a die hard jeep guy a *******, I would just say stuck in the past or afraid of change. Actually the renegade isnt even taking the place of anything its just a vehicle filling a growing nitch market, its actually very good for Jeep overall.

Discussion starter · #8 ·
My point is, it's a real Jeep because it leads it's segment in off road capability. The Renegade isn't supposed to be a Wrangler. It's not supposed to be a Grand Cherokee. It's supposed to be the most off road capable B segment SUV on the market, which it is. It can conquer trails, rocks, sand, snow, mud and hills. It can take you places other vehicles never will. It deserves the Jeep name because of that.

For the record, I've owned over a dozen various kinds of Jeeps including Wranglers and Grand Cherokees. I traded in a 4-door JK Rubicon to buy a Renegade Trailhawk. My wife's ride is a Grand Cherokee. And yes, my Renegade is a "real" Jeep.
Wow, well said!

Discussion starter · #11 ·
Hopefully this thread doesn't get out of hand, but I'll add my 2 cents.
Honda, Hyundai, Toyota among many others have non USA based manufacturers that have plants in the U.S.A. It could be noted that those vehicles put together in those plants are American made. In fact according to Cars.com the car company that qualifies as the most American is the Toyota Camry. Bottom line it is a global economy. Car makers have plants all over the globe. Does it really matter that a Renegades' engine is built in the USA and shipped over to Italy/Brazil, put together in a chassis and then shipped back. Just because it shares a platform. Is it less American? Not in my book. Is it still not called Jeep? Yep, last I checked. Can it do off-road better than any other model in its class. Check.

It's a Jeep, plain and simple.

TS
Ive have also heard that toyota is the most American made car. I know they make fine automobiles but really tho it isnt a American brand like Jeep, Chrysler, Ford or GM have. There is still a difference to me, my opinion of course. I totally agree that at the heart of the renegade is still the offroad capability which to me is what Jeep brand is all about.

Discussion starter · #13 ·
Simply put, they don't pay your bills. They didn't buy you a Renegade. If they don't like it, they can go #@%$ themselves.

Unless you solicited their opinion... Who gives a flying #@%$ what they think. If you did solicit opinions, just remember: opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one and they are stinky (and you might not like every single one of them).

And if you have to seek approval from strangers for your decisions, what does that say about you?
Wow lighten up Francis! Yes I make all my decisions based on others opinions at all times lol.

Discussion starter · #28 ·
I think this has been a very respectful conversation so far and Im happy about that. Theres alot of good points being made. I didnt buy the renegade for peoples approval, bought it because I like the looks, features and capability. I did however enjoy the idea of being part of a Jeep community. Ive owned mustangs my whole life, love hanging with other mustang owners and groups. Yea there is a-holes in every group but mostly just nice people with common interests. Kind of what Im looking foward to with Jeeps.

Discussion starter · #29 ·
I have a jk wrangler rubicon and my wife and I just purchased a trailhawk Anvil renegade. We love it. Don't get me wrong I love my wrangler as well. Still the renegade depending upon which model you get is a very capable rig. Looking forward to many years of happy trail riding in the renegade. Jeep wave to you
:ReneBlueWave:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.