Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2016 is 3 1/2 months old & once I got the phone synced, everything was fine. I am not a fan of using the phone when I am driving, but when it "read" my texts, it was handy. Then all of a sudden it stopped and I missed important texts like how do I like my Ice Coffee? :)

I can make & receive calls... anyone know the fix?

Note: I am extremely tech challenged. So go easy! :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
first off....are you iphone or Android or Windows phone?

second....easy one.....reboot the phone, not the put the screen to sleep mode either.

third.....if the above does not work, remove Uconnect from your bluetooth connections and remove phone from radio. Then reconnect phone to radio.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Delete and re-pair the phone. Mine cuts out every so often and the text icon on the uConnect screen greys out. Tapping it reveals a message that texting is not supported on the current phone. I re-pair and it'll work for another month or so. This is with a Motorola Droid Turbo on Verizon, using the Message+ app.

Before the most recent uConnect update, it didn't read texts at all.

·
Registered
236 Posts
If its an iPhone, you need to be going 50mph +.
Hold the phone outside of window for 6.5 seconds.
In a swift motion, throw the phone in the air about 5 feet.
If it worked successfully, your phone should now be lying about 50 feet behind jeep.
Carry on driving home at this point.

·
Registered
104 Posts
If its an iPhone, you need to be going 50mph +.
Hold the phone outside of window for 6.5 seconds.
In a swift motion, throw the phone in the air about 5 feet.
If it worked successfully, your phone should now be lying about 50 feet behind jeep.
Carry on driving home at this point.
Good one!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.