Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am having problems finding a 6 1.2 inch DVC 2* 2 ohm sub in the UK...does anyone who has taken the sub out of the 9 speaker system have a view as to whether a 6 3/4 inch might fit??? Am looking at a Kicker 40 CWRT672 CompRT which I can get hold of in the UK.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Am having problems finding a 6 1.2 inch DVC 2* 2 ohm sub in the UK...does anyone who has taken the sub out of the 9 speaker system have a view as to whether a 6 3/4 inch might fit??? Am looking at a Kicker 40 CWRT672 CompRT which I can get hold of in the UK.
Hello, I'm also looking @ replacing the stock woofer with a CWRT672.
Only shallow 2x2ohm 6" sub I can find.
I just orderd a OEM subwoofer from my Jeep dealer. It was only about 110 pounds. So I will modify it to fit the CWRT672 and then replace the one in the car.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I replaced mine with a Memphis Audio PRX6d2 it's a 2 Ohm dvc speaker but it's a 6" I did have to remove 2 plastic pins that were sticking out of the original sub hole. I think they were there to hold the speaker in the correct location before putting in the screws. It was a tight fit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I replaced mine with a Memphis Audio PRX6d2 it's a 2 Ohm dvc speaker but it's a 6" I did have to remove 2 plastic pins that were sticking out of the original sub hole. I think they were there to hold the speaker in the correct location before putting in the screws. It was a tight fit.
Was it worth it, did the sound improve much?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just orderd a OEM subwoofer from my Jeep dealer. It was only about 110 pounds. So I will modify it to fit the CWRT672 and then replace the one in the car.
Do you mean you ordered the subwoofer box/enclosure?? That might be the best way to go depending how easy it is to remove the inner panel.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Do you mean you ordered the subwoofer box/enclosure?? That might be the best way to go depending how easy it is to remove the inner panel.
I orderd a

"Speakers And Amplifiers - SPEAKER, Sub Woofer

Part # 68247481AA"

From my Jeep dealer. According to the blueprint, its the subwoofer enclosure
with the 6,5 subwoofer. According to the Swedish Jeep dealer it's called "Speaker, right rear trunk with enclosure"

So I'm hoping its this (the subwoofer box)

http://www.jeeprenegadeforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=16714&d=1440697507

Since I wan't the car to look 100% original I'm aiming to modifi the extra subwoofer with another driver/drivers and then let my Jeep dealer replace the one in the car. But since its my extra one, I won't be afraid to go wild with cuting tools and plastic padding to fixate whatever driver I wan't! :)

·
Super Moderator
3,616 Posts
So, I am hearing two things...
1. Maybe an under rear seat subwoofer would be a better option?
2. An external amp is required for the sub...

There's no under to the rear seat.

I'm intending to try routing the speaker wires from the stock location to an 8" under seat sub placed under the driver's seat.

In my copious free time, so we'll see how that goes.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I orderd a

"Speakers And Amplifiers - SPEAKER, Sub Woofer

Part # 68247481AA"

From my Jeep dealer. According to the blueprint, its the subwoofer enclosure
with the 6,5 subwoofer. According to the Swedish Jeep dealer it's called "Speaker, right rear trunk with enclosure"

So I'm hoping its this (the subwoofer box)

http://www.jeeprenegadeforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=16714&d=1440697507

Since I wan't the car to look 100% original I'm aiming to modifi the extra subwoofer with another driver/drivers and then let my Jeep dealer replace the one in the car. But since its my extra one, I won't be afraid to go wild with cuting tools and plastic padding to fixate whatever driver I wan't! :)
I've just been at the dealer getting door trim replaced and checked out the part number. It is indeed the subwoofer and box complete..in the UK (at my dealer at least) its £105+20% VAT...so a reasonable option..as is in stock in Italy. The parts manager also showed me the fitting instructions for the box and removal of the real panelling....a bit of a pain but doable. Only got a look on the screen so don't have a paper copy. Will wait for the 40cwrt672 I ended up ordering to arrive then do a bit reconnaissance and decide how to move forward. Will be part of the spring audio upgrade project.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
40cwrt672 has arrived, and its is 6.5 inches external diameter, not 6.75...I wondered about that since the spec sheet said 6.75 inches/16.5cm and 16.5cm is 6.5 inches. Now to check the actual size of the factory subwoofer....that will dictate whether I go down the complete replacement subwoofer box route or not.

·
Registered
17 Posts
40cwrt672 has arrived, and its is 6.5 inches external diameter, not 6.75...I wondered about that since the spec sheet said 6.75 inches/16.5cm and 16.5cm is 6.5 inches. Now to check the actual size of the factory subwoofer....that will dictate whether I go down the complete replacement subwoofer box route or not.
Will you hook it up to the OEM factory amp or will you use an external
aftermarket amp?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ok..may be a week or so since next job is the rear door speakers..which all the parts have now arrived.
I would love som pictures of:

1: The rear driver
2: The door without its panel.
3: Specs back on the driver to know if its the same as front door part number!

Good Luck!

Btw, what 6x9 are you gonna put in the rear doors?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I would love som pictures of:

1: The rear driver
2: The door without its panel.
3: Specs back on the driver to know if its the same as front door part number!

Good Luck!

Btw, what 6x9 are you gonna put in the rear doors?
Oops...have just fitted new speakers before seeing this so panels are back on again. Similar to front door (Gatorade tutorial) but need to take plastic trim off the upper rear door next to window first (someone posted a pic of this on one of the audio threads...maybe the gatorade tutorial). Also the tweeter connector disconnects via a tab on the side..took me ages to work that out since couldn't see it properly with door swinging from handle cables.
attached pic of rear speaker...both front and rear are the same 6*9 Mopar number 51972777 2ohm 40w.
I have Kicker 41KSC694 2 way 6*9s in the front and have put a pair of Kicker 40CS54's 5/25 inch in the back using a scosche 6*9 to 5.25 adaptor.
For both I used metra 72-6514 wiring adaptors and switched the wires around so they become the same as 71-050s which crutchfield recommend... limited what metra adaptors you can source from the UK.
The sound is a bit better, but I'm hoping for the biggest difference when I swap out the dash speakers for 41KSC354's and the sub. Although the new speakers are 4 ohm they sound roughly the same volume as the factory 2 ohm ones (increase sensitivity??). Dash speakers are a doddle to fit but waiting for an ex work colleague to bring a set of metra 71-039c adapters back from the US next week. I don't think the sound will ever be perfect because of the amp set-up.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Oops...have just fitted new speakers before seeing this so panels are back on again. Similar to front door (Gatorade tutorial) but need to take plastic trim off the upper rear door next to window first (someone posted a pic of this on one of the audio threads...maybe the gatorade tutorial). Also the tweeter connector disconnects via a tab on the side..took me ages to work that out since couldn't see it properly with door swinging from handle cables.
attached pic of rear speaker...both front and rear are the same 6*9 Mopar number 51972777 2ohm 40w.
I have Kicker 41KSC694 2 way 6*9s in the front and have put a pair of Kicker 40CS54's 5/25 inch in the back using a scosche 6*9 to 5.25 adaptor.
For both I used metra 72-6514 wiring adaptors and switched the wires around so they become the same as 71-050s which crutchfield recommend... limited what metra adaptors you can source from the UK.
The sound is a bit better, but I'm hoping for the biggest difference when I swap out the dash speakers for 41KSC354's and the sub. Although the new speakers are 4 ohm they sound roughly the same volume as the factory 2 ohm ones (increase sensitivity??). Dash speakers are a doddle to fit but waiting for an ex work colleague to bring a set of metra 71-039c adapters back from the US next week. I don't think the sound will ever be perfect because of the amp set-up.

My back 6x9 have zero bas, nada, nothing.

Do you get any sub tones at all out from the rear door now with the swap?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My back 6x9 have zero bas, nada, nothing.

Do you get any sub tones at all out from the rear door now with the swap?
even with the new rear speakers there is little bass...maybe a bit more but I think its the amp set-up that's the problem. Definitely more bass tones from front door replacement speakers. Might have a go at removing the rear quarter panelling to look at the sub today/tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.