Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize that the cooler will fit if you put it in the trunk with the opening of the cooler facing the hatch. That would be too easy.

I would like to know how the Yeti 50 will fit if you're trying to optimize space with the rear seats up. If you place the longest side of the cooler running the depth of the trunk, will it fit?

Attached is a photo from an older post measuring the depth of the trunk to be 24.8" at the smallest point. Another photo from yeti measures the length of the cooler as 24" at the widest point. According to my research, this should be a perfect match! Does anyone out there have this cooler? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
377 Posts
Well I have a Coleman Xtreme 5 70-liter that I can tell you doesn't fit, but is just barely too wide. :ugh

The measurements are pretty true to reality for the car. I'm sure it would fit.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I am planning on buying one of these soon. I just filled up my RTIC cup and have the 30L soft cooler coming in a few days.

RTIC is a great brand.
agreed....
I wish I had known about them before I spent Yeti money...
however my next cooler or tumbler will be theirs

Reactions: PAK325

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn't realize RTIC existed until you guys showed me, I feel like I dodged a very expensive bullet. Thank you!

I'm really interested in that 45. It looks great, has a more reasonable price, and outperforms the YETI. I'm pretty much sold but not sure it will fit the way I want it to. Once I get back in town I'll take a deeper look. In the meantime, I ordered the 20 QT and should have it in a month!

Thanks again!

·
Registered
377 Posts
I didn't realize RTIC existed until you guys showed me, I feel like I dodged a very expensive bullet. Thank you!

I'm really interested in that 45. It looks great, has a more reasonable price, and outperforms the YETI. I'm pretty much sold but not sure it will fit the way I want it to. Once I get back in town I'll take a deeper look. In the meantime, I ordered the 20 QT and should have it in a month!

Thanks again!
Glad to hear that you got in on it! I'm not sure to what extent it "outperforms" Yeti, but I will say that the tumblers are identical and I can't imagine a need for anything that would be better than those.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Glad to hear that you got in on it! I'm not sure to what extent it "outperforms" Yeti, but I will say that the tumblers are identical and I can't imagine a need for anything that would be better than those.
Maybe outperform is the wrong term. There are a few shootouts on youtube between the two brands that show the RTIC holds ice longer...probably due to the fact that they have a slightly higher capacity.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Maybe outperform is the wrong term. There are a few shootouts on youtube between the two brands that show the RTIC holds ice longer...probably due to the fact that they have a slightly higher capacity.
Yeah, they definitely throw jabs at each other about that pretty frequently, but the reality is that they are both more than sufficient at holding ice.

People show the cups holding ice for 3+ days... that's silly. If it takes you more than a few hours to drink a glass of something, you didn't really care that much.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.