Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 153 Posts

· Registered
377 Posts
One week into ownership, I took my Renegade TH to a local dealers service department to have a dragging wind sound at the front left corner addressed.

I took out both a dealer model (4x2 sport) and mine to compare them and mine definitely had a more pronounced wind issues.

Any TH owners experiencing this? I've got an appointment for an in-depth look on Wednesday morning.

· Registered
128 Posts
One week into ownership, I took my Renegade TH to a local dealers service department to have a dragging wind sound at the front left corner addressed.

I took out both a dealer model (4x2 sport) and mine to compare them and mine definitely had a more pronounced wind issues.

Any TH owners experiencing this? I've got an appointment for an in-depth look on Wednesday morning.
Please keep us updated!

· Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

· Registered
99 Posts
As you have taken out a 4x2 sport, the obvious difference between the TH and all other models is the extra ride height and the extra under body protection panels I would look at these under body trays/panels first?
I have a UK spec OE 4X2 1.4 petrol manual and have not noticed any squeaks, rattles or excessive wind noise from any were so far.

· Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Taken in to dealer. Found to be windshield seal, after taping off the edges, the noise goes away. Because they are so new, there is only one windshield available stateside, presumably ordered in for the same issue.

At this point, I worry more about water leaks than the wind noise, but the contact in the service department is pushing for the quickest resolution possible, already submitting the claim this morning.

· Registered
20 Posts
I test drove a 4x4 latitude last weekend before buying my Yellow TH, the latitude had that noise coming from the drivers dash area... Got worse at high speeds. Drove me crazy and I passed on it that evening. Lucky for me, I ended up falling for the TH.

· Registered
221 Posts
Same noise for me. I didn't notice it on the drive home from the dealership because I was sitting in the passenger seat. But when I drove it to work yesterday, I immediately noticed the wind noise on the driver side at over 60mph. It sounds like a bad seal leak. I figured it was the side mirror.

I'm gonna have to start taping 1 section at a time and see where the leak is coming from.

· Registered
221 Posts
Interesting that the forum won't let me edit a post that I posted using my phone vs my computer...

I test drove the car with my brother in the passenger seat to see if we could hear the wind noise on both sides of the car. I felt like the noise was louder on the driver side then it was on the passenger side.

We pulled over and used blue painters tape to tape around the windshield. Tested it again and everything sounds the same. We still get the wind noise. We can't tell if it's the wind blowing against the mirror or the roof rails.

The window sits inside of the rubber striping And the door is triple sealed around the top. So I'm not worried about water there either.

As long as its not the windshield and I have to worry about rain or water from washing the car coming through. It's a very minor problem for me. I just noticed it because the rest of the car is so quite.

· Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I got an email from the service manager at my dealer that said after a week and a half of waiting, Chrysler green-lighted the repairs.

Now just to allocate a windshield...

I'll keep you guys posted on how that goes.

· Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got an update a few days ago.

There is an indefinite back-order on the windshields, per Chrysler.

I called Jeep customer care, following up with this concern as well as the Trailhawk floor mats issue, and the fact that the dealer does not seem to have the means to install a tow hitch to the bumper. They seemed certain that would be possible when I bought it.

· Registered
2 Posts
Wind Noise

Hello,

This forum has helped me a lot. Purchased my TH last week. Noticed a constant blowing/wind noise coming from driver side. Thought my window was open. Brought it into the dealer to program keys also received a tint so the window was slightly tilted. That problem was addressed still heard the noise. Called the manager on Saturday printed out the similar complains from renegade forum primarily PAK 3... sounds like they have the exact same problem as me. Gave me a rental car said they have contacted the Chrysler engineer. They said it is not the windshield. I am so worried. I have to keep in mind this is a very new model of car but still very concerned.

· Registered
221 Posts
Got an update a few days ago.

There is an indefinite back-order on the windshields, per Chrysler.

I called Jeep customer care, following up with this concern as well as the Trailhawk floor mats issue, and the fact that the dealer does not seem to have the means to install a tow hitch to the bumper. They seemed certain that would be possible when I bought it.
That's good to hear about the hitch.

I don't hear any extraneous wind noise on my TH, at least nothing that sounds like the window is open...

· Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hello,

This forum has helped me a lot. Purchased my TH last week. Noticed a constant blowing/wind noise coming from driver side. Thought my window was open. Brought it into the dealer to program keys also received a tint so the window was slightly tilted. That problem was addressed still heard the noise. Called the manager on Saturday printed out the similar complains from renegade forum primarily PAK 3... sounds like they have the exact same problem as me. Gave me a rental car said they have contacted the Chrysler engineer. They said it is not the windshield. I am so worried. I have to keep in mind this is a very new model of car but still very concerned.
My experience with my wife's Cherokee was such that I'm not worried.

Basically, they are going to make effort to reconcile the issue and if they cannot, you'll get put into a new Renegade, another Jeep vehicle paying the difference of MSRP's, or a total buyout at what I have heard are pretty fair prices.

We waited it out and our patience was rewarded with an extended warranty and, of course, a solution to the problem.

· Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hello,

Please keep us abreast of what you learn! It will help everyone as we worth through this issue. Be it updates regarding the problem, possible resolutions, or settlements, that information is critical to people in the same positions.

1 - 20 of 153 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.