Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I run a print finishing company and have done vinyl graphics for years. I just don't want to spend 200 quid for 10 quids worth of material. I don't mind 30 as it's saves me buying a full roll and the having draw it up to run it through my plotter.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I paid to have mine done, cost me $175. The only reason I paid to have it done was convenience of time. I tinted the windshield brow and the faux vent windows on the doors. The front doors are a challenge because of the door frame and its shape. I tried the drivers' side and got all of it but the back corner. Even rolling the window down quite a ways make it difficult with how deep the weatherstripping channel runs. The pro who did it said it was difficult so I'm not the only one OCD about it being perfect.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah no worries. Will send it from my off shore account. I just need your bank details and card numbers and passwords lol. But seriously I've just spent 24 k on a car so 30 pounds isn't a big spend if it works. they will arrive next week so will post pics once it's done.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I tinted the front windows and the windshield brow myself. I think it turned out pretty well. The front doors were a challenge because I had to remove the inside door panel to get the tint to go under the window seal. Other than that, I had no problems.

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've fitted one on the rear porthole window and this is the result. But as always it's sunny England so won't get any more done today. But the finished window looks pretty good. Went 5% limo tint. Took 10 mins to do this small window. With prep and cleaning.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Finally got round to fitting the tint kit. But I'm gonna be honest. The fit was awful. Came up a little small. went on pretty easy. But very messy. Gonna take the car to get it done properly. But was worth having a go. Next time I'm not buying pre cut film.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Finally got round to fitting the tint kit. But I'm gonna be honest. The fit was awful. Came up a little small. went on pretty easy. But very messy. Gonna take the car to get it done properly. But was worth having a go. Next time I'm not buying pre cut film.
Thanks for trying anyway.
Its people like you that make the window tinting business what it is today.:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.