Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have problems with the washers freezing when it gets down to 2 deg or less. I have a 17 plate trailhawk and im in the uk so its not that bloody cold really. always does it which is a pain.

·
Registered
375 Posts
It's been as low as 6*F here in Michigan this winter, and mine have not frozen yet.

Do you know what fluid is in your bottle? What it's freeze point is? Many quick oil change places here will cut the washer fluid with water in the summertime. That works OK when it's warm out, but if you don't use it ALL and replace it with something good to -20*F or so, then this could be an issue. Can also freeze and crack your bottle. Just a thought...

·
Super Moderator
3,055 Posts
Nope it is 86 and I have never had that problem. Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's been as low as 6*F here in Michigan this winter, and mine have not frozen yet.

Do you know what fluid is in your bottle? What it's freeze point is? Many quick oil change places here will cut the washer fluid with water in the summertime. That works OK when it's warm out, but if you don't use it ALL and replace it with something good to -20*F or so, then this could be an issue. Can also freeze and crack your bottle. Just a thought...
Thanks for reply. I don’t know what’s in it main dealer will have put it in though so probably cheap crap.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Does anyone else have problems with the washers freezing when it gets down to 2 deg or less. I have a 17 plate trailhawk and im in the uk so its not that bloody cold really. always does it which is a pain.
Mine froze up to at that temp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts