Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well at least it's a minor thing, but I have to take my Renny in because the nozzle on the passenger side doesn't spray windshield washer fluid. Silly I didn't try it out when I picked it up a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully I can get it in Saturday. I don't like using the wipers on a dry windshield and the driver's side one doesn't get the passenger side wet at all. I'm a bit over 400 miles and I've had it about 12 days.

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
404 Posts
Haven't tried mine yet, either. About 2800 miles over about a month-and-a-half. Suppose I otter try 'em. I'll give 'em a squirt on my way home from work.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
It might be that the hose is disconnected from the plastic nozzle. If true, it will be spraying under the hood somewhere. Or the nozzle could be clogged with a piece of plastic flashing or a bit of dirt.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Ha! I noticed this on my test drive and the salesman said it was because it was new. I haven't tried it since but I have a feeling it probably hasn't started magically working.

In for solution :)

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Ha! I noticed this on my test drive and the salesman said it was because it was new. I haven't tried it since but I have a feeling it probably hasn't started magically working.

In for solution :)

That is what salesmen do.
It does not work because it is new.
the roof is leaking because it is new.
Half of the car is missing because it is new.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I looked under the hood but didn't feel like messing with the lining. Didn't see any wet spots on it either. I'll let them deal with it and they can do the computer updates too. Here's the sad part...

They called me this morning and said first thing: Sorry we can't do warranty work on Saturday.

Me: Excuse me? Your service department is open but you don't do warranty work?

Them: No, we don't have anyone to do it or to bill it out.

Me: So, what, you don't have certified techs working on the weekend?

Them: ...

Me: Well I can only bring it in on Saturdays because I work Monday - Friday.

Them: We have a shuttle so you can drop it off in the morning and they'll take you to work.

Me: Okay, what time do they start running?

Them: 8am

Me: Great... I have to be to work at 7:30am.

Them: You can drop it off the night before. The shuttle runs until 5pm.

Me: Okay, then how do I get to work the next day?

Them: You can rent a car.

Me: ....

Thankfully I have someone who can take it and drop it off and I can use their truck to get to work but wow... what an awesome service department... not :(

·
Registered
162 Posts
I looked under the hood but didn't feel like messing with the lining. Didn't see any wet spots on it either. I'll let them deal with it and they can do the computer updates too. Here's the sad part...

They called me this morning and said first thing: Sorry we can't do warranty work on Saturday.

Me: Excuse me? Your service department is open but you don't do warranty work?

Them: No, we don't have anyone to do it or to bill it out.

Me: So, what, you don't have certified techs working on the weekend?

Them: ...

Me: Well I can only bring it in on Saturdays because I work Monday - Friday.

Them: We have a shuttle so you can drop it off in the morning and they'll take you to work.

Me: Okay, what time do they start running?

Them: 8am

Me: Great... I have to be to work at 7:30am.

Them: You can drop it off the night before. The shuttle runs until 5pm.

Me: Okay, then how do I get to work the next day?

Them: You can rent a car.

Me:
Let me make sure I understand what you are saying. YOU have a service department that is open on Saturday, but is not staffed with certified techs. YOU have a shuttle that does not run early enough to drop people off at work. So YOUR solution is to make ME, the customer fix YOUR problem by telling me -I- need to rent a car. No, that is not how this works. YOU can rent a car. And if YOU can not, put me through to someone who can OR put me through to someone who can discuss a refund of my vehicle because you are not in a position to follow through on doing the warranty work in the contractual agreement. I leave the choice to you. Either solution will be posted on line in chat forums, Facebook, a twitter. I'll be sure to credit YOU with the solution YOU choose. So who will I be talking to next?

I got a rental car and did not pay for it.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Thankfully I have someone who can take it and drop it off and I can use their truck to get to work but wow... what an awesome service department... not :(
The first thing that came to mind was /facePalm and /headShake - Ugh!

I've been back to the dealer a couple times since buying my Renny in June, but not for service (knock on wood) , just to visit the parts counter. And I'll admit the guys at the parts counter sometimes scare me with their utter clueless-ness. I'm almost dreading the first service-visit.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
The first thing that came to mind was /facePalm and /headShake - Ugh!

I've been back to the dealer a couple times since buying my Renny in June, but not for service (knock on wood) , just to visit the parts counter. And I'll admit the guys at the parts counter sometimes scare me with their utter clueless-ness. I'm almost dreading the first service-visit.
I have accepted for many years that the person you deal with at service reception will have no idea about my vehicle.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Yeah, that is unacceptable from the service department. It was annoying when they found the oil leak on my Latitude when I took it in for the first oil change and it took almost two weeks to get the parts, but I'm glad they did find it before it really became a problem.

What I will say, though, is that when they found it, they brought me out under the Jeep, showed me where the problem was, and immediately said, "We're going to get you into a loaner car while we repair this." Ten minutes later I was climbing into a 200S (Pentastar V6, baby!) with like 6 miles on it and the plastic wrap still on the visors. I brought it back 13 days later with almost 1300 miles on it. (Long commute and a 200+ mile round trip to my brother's house over the weekend.) They thanked me for my patience.

All in all I'm glad I bought at that dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not Spraying

Hello;
I to have a 205 Jeep Renegade Trail Hawk, with PSGR Side Washer Jet issues.
I have to be stopped in order for the Jet to spray fluid high enough to go onto the upper part of the windshield.
When driving it only sprays 1/2 way up leaving the upper half a mess.

I can see no way of adjusting these jets as you could on older vehicles?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Hello;
I to have a 205 Jeep Renegade Trail Hawk, with PSGR Side Washer Jet issues.
I have to be stopped in order for the Jet to spray fluid high enough to go onto the upper part of the windshield.
When driving it only sprays 1/2 way up leaving the upper half a mess.

I can see no way of adjusting these jets as you could on older vehicles?
It seems like the wind at speed is changing the trajectory of the spray, which makes sense. That also means that, if you could change the aim of the spray nozzles so that they covered the top of the windshield at highway speed, they would probably just soak your roof if you used them while stopped.

I find the best solution to get better coverage with the washers is to time the squirts for when the wipers are at the bottom of their travel, then the wipers will spread the washer fluid to the upper part of the windshield on their upward stroke. I've done this with every vehicle I've ever owned.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.