Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 2015 ran out of fluid not to long ago. I took some time to replace it. I filled the tank and wasted about a gallon trying to prime the system (as per Facebook post) so past week I poured in another gallon and held the wiper fluid on and the motor run and start whining. And then all the wiper fluid is running out the bottom of the car under the tank.
Could this be a hose, tank, etc
It is easy to access for the less then mechanically inclined?

·
Registered
5 Posts
So my 2015 ran out of fluid not to long ago. I took some time to replace it. I filled the tank and wasted about a gallon trying to prime the system (as per Facebook post) so past week I poured in another gallon and held the wiper fluid on and the motor run and start whining. And then all the wiper fluid is running out the bottom of the car under the tank.
Could this be a hose, tank, etc
It is easy to access for the less then mechanically inclined?
I had this happen a while back. The washer line had disconnected from the bottom of the tank and ran washer fluid from the tank straight down my driver's side tire. It was easy to push the connector back into place and it has held there for over a year now.

I was already shopping the best price on a replacement line, then my dad's sage advice popped into my head: "Try the easiest, free, and most logical repairs first (Is it plugged in?), then work your way up. Don't throw money at a problem."

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Oh that's a good idea, I need to get with my father in law and take a look. I think he has ramps. I dont have area or jacks to do that at my apartment.
I've never accessed the reservoir; but from looking at the description I linked to in Post #2 above, I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't need to raise the Renegade.

It does say to raise and support the vehicle; but nothing about having to remove the left-front wheel. Having it supported would just relieve weight off the suspension, and have the wheel hanging farther down. And having the vehicle up on ramps wouldn't give you any advantage at all, other than having the entire vehicle higher.

You just need to turn the wheels full-left to get access to the liner/splash shield, and to the resevoir itself. I'd bet you could do that with the vehicle on the ground.

You'd just need a warm day to do that...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've never accessed the reservoir; but from looking at the description I linked to in Post #2 above, I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't need to raise the Renegade.

It does say to raise and support the vehicle; but nothing about having to remove the left-front wheel. Hiving it supported would just relieved weight off the suspension, and have the wheel hanging farther down. And having the vehicle up on ramps wouldn't give you any advantage at all, other than having the entire vehicle higher.

You just need to turn the wheels full-left to get access to the liner/splash shield, and to the resevoir itself. I'd bet you could do that with the vehicle on the ground.

You'd just need a warm day to do that...
Yeah that's the next thing. But I'll give that a shot just trying to get thru to that.

Thank you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts