Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've attached the applicable page from my owner's manual regarding "Wiper Service Position Strategy". I understand the purpose of it, but I don't understand how to activate it ("antipanic"?).

Can someone explain how to actually use this feature?

I love the name. I never thought of wiper service as requiring a strategic approach. I guess they can be a little wily sometimes!

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
I got this. So it works like my old VW. When you turn the car off. Push up on your wipers stalk for a second. The blades will rise. Do it again they go mid windshield, do it once more they go all the way up. When you restart the car they will reset. Viola antistatic meant quick wipe function. Just tested it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Also all these similarities on the ecu system to my mk6 tdi golf is erie. I bet money fca used similar system architecture that VW used on theirs.

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Jeepetto.

I too have a mk6 Golf R. On that vehicle this feature is necessary because the wiper arms will not clear the hood overhang. I don't see that it's really needed on the Renegade.

I didn't try using the stalk... I was mostly hung-up on the description (or lack thereof) in the manual. It says "antipanic". Is that a typo?

I wonder if my Ross-Tech VDCS can hack our Renegades. There's many hidden features that can be enabled on the VAG systems. I wonder if there will be some code breakers working on the FCA systems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.