Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
so if I'm reading this right, there are only 4 outputs out the back of the stock 5.0 stereo. If you have the 6 speaker, it splices into the front door outputs for the dash speakers (calls them front tweeters). doesn't look like there is a internal crossover or inline crossover for that matter. So the door speakers should be full range.

Thank you for the diagram

·
Registered
83 Posts
So the tweeters and front door speakers are wired in parallel?

People were saying that the impedance of the tweeters are 4ohm but the doors are 2ohm.

It's been a long time since I had electrical engineering classes in college but wouldn't that leave you with a combined impedance of 8/6 or 1.33 ohms for the front right and left channels of the amp?
Why would speakers wired in parallel have mismatched impedances?

I'm not asking for and explanation of Ohms law, I'm very close to pulling the trigger on speakers and I've been going back and forth on whether or not I should get 2ohm or 4ohm speakers for the door 6x9s.

I have the Uconnect 5"with 6 speakers as pictured in the diagram.

·
Registered
83 Posts
If you split the positive to both and they both have a common ground, it's parallel.
If the negative of one goes into the positive is of the other, it's series.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So the tweeters and front door speakers are wired in parallel?

People were saying that the impedance of the tweeters are 4ohm but the doors are 2ohm.

It's been a long time since I had electrical engineering classes in college but wouldn't that leave you with a combined impedance of 8/6 or 1.33 ohms for the front right and left channels of the amp?
Why would speakers wired in parallel have mismatched impedances?

I'm not asking for and explanation of Ohms law, I'm very close to pulling the trigger on speakers and I've been going back and forth on whether or not I should get 2ohm or 4ohm speakers for the door 6x9s.

I have the Uconnect 5"with 6 speakers as pictured in the diagram.
. I measured the door speakers as 4 ohm and the dash tweeters as 8 ohm. The dash tweeters also have a capacitor that serves as a high pass filter, so you have to put your multimeter behind the capacitor in order to get a resistance reading on the speaker, or it gets filtered out. Has anyone discovered where the splice is for the dash tweeters? near the head unit?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts