Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Got couple of these thingy's (thanks EdsJeep).
Well with great power comes great wiring problems.

So I need to get to the mirror from A fuse box, with a wire.
Question: which way is best. I've seen both here I think.

Through the roof lining from back to front (long coat hanger needed) or from the front fuse box up through the pillar and over to mirror.

Also what do I do with the black wire from the camera etc. I'm assuming the 'thingy' takes the red one.

I'm trying to avoid making youtube video of "bloke burns out new jeep installing camera.":nerd:

I'll try and pay back by strapping a gopro to my head when I'm doing it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you manage to wire backup camera?

Got couple of these thingy's (thanks EdsJeep).
Well with great power comes great wiring problems.

So I need to get to the mirror from A fuse box, with a wire.
Question: which way is best. I've seen both here I think.

Through the roof lining from back to front (long coat hanger needed) or from the front fuse box up through the pillar and over to mirror.

Also what do I do with the black wire from the camera etc. I'm assuming the 'thingy' takes the red one.

I'm trying to avoid making youtube video of "bloke burns out new jeep installing camera."

I'll try and pay back by strapping a gopro to my head when I'm doing it.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
I'm trying to avoid making youtube video of "bloke burns out new jeep installing camera.":nerd:
Think of how popular the video and you would be. If It goes t!ts up, you could always blame it on the pixies, you know the green small ones, not the friendly ones. You wouldn't believe what mischief they cause.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have installed an original Renegade's backup camera, made the wiring by my self and connected everything without cutting any wire or installing nothing more than using the original CAN Bus connected to a Roadrover infotainment system.

You are in trouble in this type of installation?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.