Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The front passenger side tire on my Latitude is totally flat. It must have picked up something last night.

Fortunately my daughter's school is right down the street so I was able to walk her there. Now I'm trying to decide whether to use the inflator kit and take it somewhere, or just pull the whole wheel and get a ride.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Got this in my tire last week's the guy was so impressed he gave it to me to show what was causing the leak

He must not see much flat repairs LOL We keep a large jar of different **** we find in tires, my favorite that DIDNT fit was a piece of steel wire, sticking out of the tire about 4 inches, inside the tire, about a foot and a half was wrapped around the wheel.

Had a 1" bolt go through a tire, and leave a crack on the inside of another customer's wheel.

Had a different bolt kill a tire, but broke a AMG SL600 wheel, causing it to crack, and hit a caliper, locked up his brakes...

·
Registered
607 Posts
The front passenger side tire on my Latitude is totally flat. It must have picked up something last night.

Fortunately my daughter's school is right down the street so I was able to walk her there. Now I'm trying to decide whether to use the inflator kit and take it somewhere, or just pull the whole wheel and get a ride.
call jeep roadside assistance, they will do the work for you, its free. If you have a nail in the tire, as long as its not in the sidewall, you can get it patched for less than $20

·
Registered
302 Posts
Yesterday I jumped in my Renegade and started down the driveway when my attention was drawn by the TPWS. It showed only 20 psi in the right rear tire. I stopped, took a look and to my surprise I could see three inches of a four inch deck screw protruding from the side. I pulled the screw, pumped it up to 48 psi and drove it 17 miles to the tire shop. On the trip I watched the pressure drop to 33 psi so I got there with no trouble.

Without the TPWS I suspect I would have gotten some distance down the road before it went flat which could have left me in a pickle. We live in farming country and I would have to wait awhile for any roadside assistance to get to me. I have a full-size spare but changing a tire at the side of the road is not my idea of fun. I really like the TPWS and the fact that I always know the pressure in my tires without having to get out a tire gauge.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.