Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A drive from Akron Ohio to Detroit is about 2.5 hours. And the NAIAS show is this coming week.

The Cleveland show isnt as large and Jeep hasn't listed the Renegade as being there. Its an hour away. $13 admission but free parking.

Can anyone say if the Detroit show is worth a day trip?

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
A drive from Akron Ohio to Detroit is about 2.5 hours. And the NAIAS show is this coming week.

The Cleveland show isnt as large and Jeep hasn't listed the Renegade as being there. Its an hour away. $13 admission but free parking.

Can anyone say if the Detroit show is worth a day trip?
Yes, do it. The LA Auto Show did not list the Renegade being there either, but there were three. Well worth the time to see it in person, impressive legroom and interior feel.

See what new Easter Eggs you can find for us?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm either Friday the 16th or 23rd. And The Ford would add a day and $$. Awww heck, I should just chuck it and go.

I'm sure I wont regret it on my deathbed. There was only one guy who regretted 'going to The Ford'.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Jon,
I recently saw the Renegade at a San Diego auto show. I think it was worth going, but I was slightly disappointed because they had it up on a stage, turning around, which was cool but not set up for people to actually climb inside and check it out. So I only saw it from a distance of about 12 feet or so. Not sure if this will be the same in Detroit or not. Jeep Camp was cool though---maybe they have something similar in Detroit. You can drive a jeep around (other models) a small test course with a big hill and some inclines. Fun!
Lauren

·
Registered
214 Posts
I used to live in Toledo, and drove up for the Detroit show for several years. It is a really fun time - great show. And if you can get some concrete info you can share with the rest of us ;) all the better!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Jon,
Jeep Camp was cool. Lauren
Jeep Camp is in Cleveland but no mention of it in Detroit. I think the Detroit venue is SMALL and has no parking. The show layout showed no drive experiences of any kind.

And they've got his chair at "The Ford."
DOH! Now I have to go. AND I just read the museum has opened the hoods to several dozen of their cars through March. First time I go to a museum with binoculars.

And if you can get some concrete info you can share with the rest of us ;) all the better!
Getting pics and extraction from the Renegade by security are my goals.

I guess I'm going the 16th.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The Detroit show is by no means small, it is in the Cobo Hall so no driving the cars. You can park at Cobo Hall, I never do I think its too crowded. There are parking garages within walking distance of the show. It is a great show with lots to loom at, enjoy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Eh...

Just got back from Cobo where I participated in a few forums and then hit the floor for a half hour or so… Really not a lot of time given the size of the floor.

Was somewhat disappointed with the Jeep set up, which may have been due to the large Dodge display stage and seating for what I have to believe was their Ram Rebel 1500 announcement, but it was tucked into a tiny section with a Trailhawk and the 2 MoPar Limited versions to look at. Sat in the driver seat, rear seat, opened the trunk and was on my way, had left my phone upstairs so no pictures! Was happily surprised with the size in person compared to the Kia Soul/Fiat 500L image that has been burned into our brains as a comparable. It looked/felt much bigger. Interior was nice for the price point, but the exterior seemed cheap to me. The plastic front grill really bugged me.

All that being said I am now more interested in a Mazda CX5, whereas previously I was 50/50. They had a ’16 specialized (like the bike) edition, not sure if that’ll be an option but it was sweet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I recently drove a CX-5, as in about two months ago or so, and I was totally expecting to enjoy it and I did not. At all. My wife and I loved the looks and went on a long test drive and really never once were we excited by it or really even fell in love with any aspect of it.

I was surprised as was my wife after reading all the press and enjoying what it looked like a lot. Driving it was disappointing to say the least and we immediately crossed it off of our future car list. Seems to happen every time we try a Mazda, press builds it up as best thing since sliced bread and then I drive it and am totally meh about it.

I do hope you feel differently after trying one out though, someone has to like them!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've been to both shows many times, Detroit is definitely a LOT bigger but Cleveland is a great show too. The Jeep display is usually really good and in the past they've had an indoor "off-road" course where they take you on articulation, hill-climb/descent, and water fording tests. All INSIDE the IX Center. No guarantees that they'll have it this year but it'd be cool if they did and put some Renegades on the lineup.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.