Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking to purchase a jeep and decided late last year that I'd wait on the renegade. Aesthetically it's pleasing for me, and seems to be cost efficient. Now here we are, my local jeep dealer has reached out to me and has a 2015 Jeep Patroit and is willing to let it go for 13,995 out the door. Yay or nay? First jeep purchase here....

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
My guess is they are trying to position it near or above where the Patriot starts and perhaps a bit lower than the Compass. I don't think you'll get a Renegade out the door for that price though. I would still wait and see what the Renegade comes in at (which we should find out soon hopefully).

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My guess is they are trying to position it near or above where the Patriot starts and perhaps a bit lower than the Compass. I don't think you'll get a Renegade out the door for that price though. I would still wait and see what the Renegade comes in at (which we should find out soon hopefully).

Renegade-?????
Patroit -$16,695
Compass-$18,995

If they are priced higher starting than these two how likely are they to really sell. Strictly based on a business perspective! both have been given 2015 tags and both aren't selling well, let's say somehow that rumored refresh for 2016/17 is true and they totally kill the Patroit and Compass than I could see a second gen being priced higher however I can't imagine they launch any higher than $15K.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Renegade-?????
Patroit -$16,695
Compass-$18,995

If they are priced higher starting than these two how likely are they to really sell. Strictly based on a business perspective! both have been given 2015 tags and both aren't selling well, let's say somehow that rumored refresh for 2016/17 is true and they totally kill the Patroit and Compass than I could see a second gen being priced higher however I can't imagine they launch any higher than $15K.
It's totally possible, but my guess is still:

Patriot - $16,695
Renegade - ?????
Compass - $18,995

Somewhere in between the two is where I think it will line up. I guess we'll see. I just hope I can get a fully-loaded TrailHawk for under $30k (leather / NAV / MySky etc.) otherwise I may have to look harder at the Cherokee.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Patriot - $16,695
Renegade - ?????
Compass - $18,995

Somewhere in between the two is where I think it will line up. I guess we'll see. I just hope I can get a fully-loaded TrailHawk for under $30k (leather / NAV / MySky etc.) otherwise I may have to look harder at the Cherokee.
That would work! I want the **** thing. I'm hoping low end sport will be prided correctly because it'll leave a lot of funds to modify and really make ones own. However if priced aggressively on the higher speced models Ill go TH and call it a day. I've seen brands totally blow the entry model out the water with prices that price the top model hundreds more and make a base model almost stupid to consider.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I've been looking to purchase a jeep and decided late last year that I'd wait on the renegade. Aesthetically it's pleasing for me, and seems to be cost efficient. Now here we are, my local jeep dealer has reached out to me and has a 2015 Jeep Patroit and is willing to let it go for 13,995 out the door. Yay or nay? First jeep purchase here....
NO!!!

Yes you are right, reliability is a big worry for me especially now that my 2010 Patriot, in addition to all its noises and squeaks in suspension and other parts, the engine starts to vibrate at idle... I have about 88.000KM in it...

So the more issues I see (or hear) in my present Patriot, the more reluctant I become toward this beautifully designed little jeep..,
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Patriot - $16,695
Renegade - ?????
Compass - $18,995

So after some more number crunching Ylur entry level pricing is probably exact. $17K is looking like a sport model.

·
Registered
187 Posts
The Patriot that you've been offered is I presume the base trim right? I have a 2010 Patriot North 4x4 version with cruise etc etc... Here in Canada (more expensive than you down there in the US), I got it for 25.000 including everything...

I do not think the Renegade will be that cheap even the base trim... The quality of the Renegade in terms of interior material and features for price are much more than the Patriot that is hard plastic and basic classic features (no gadgets or connectivity or anything like that)... At least the one you mention that I presume is the base trim...

Also my experience with the Patriot is that it is a low quality car in terms of parts and assembly, it ages badly and better grab an extended warranty as I did because you will need it... Of course if you decide to buy the Patriot...

I have also the feeling that the Renegade will be sold higher than the Compass and Patriots... I feel that the Trailhawk version will be inside the 30K (Oh maybe not for you down there but at least for us Canadians) ;)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Patriot that you've been offered is I presume the base trim right? I have a 2010 Patriot North 4x4 version with cruise etc etc... Here in Canada (more expensive than you down there in the US), I got it for 25.000 including everything...

I do not think the Renegade will be that cheap even the base trim... The quality of the Renegade in terms of interior material and features for price are much more than the Patriot that is hard plastic and basic classic features (no gadgets or connectivity or anything like that)... At least the one you mention that I presume is the base trim...

Also my experience with the Patriot is that it is a low quality car in terms of parts and assembly, it ages badly and better grab an extended warranty as I did because you will need it... Of course if you decide to buy the Patriot...

I have also the feeling that the Renegade will be sold higher than the Compass and Patriots... I feel that the Trailhawk version will be inside the 30K (Oh maybe not for you down there but at least for us Canadians) ;)

Latitude 4X4 so not base base but not the best speced model either

·
Registered
187 Posts
Latitude 4X4 so not base base but not the best speced model either
Oh then it is the same trim as mine... Here in Canada the Latitude is called North edition... And I see now how radically more expensive cars are up here compared to you down there... Mine was 18K before adding this and that and this fee and that expense... Ended at 25k back in 2010 (of course minus the financing interests)...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh then it is the same trim as mine... Here in Canada the Latitude is called North edition... And I see now how radically more expensive cars are up here compared to you down there... Mine was 18K before adding this and that and this fee and that expense... Ended at 25k back in 2010 (of course minus the financing interests)...
I'm hoping for entry on the renegade to not exceed the $17K tag. I don't see it competing stateside higher

·
Registered
109 Posts
I was seriously interested in getting a Patriot about a year ago but when I started doing more research I found out about the Renegade and just decided to wait. For about the same price I could get something brand new that doesn't feel outdated and is probably properly put together.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Those who think a Fiat product will be higher quality than the Patriot are going to be in for a rude awakening. As far as whether I'd bite on that deal or wait for the Renegade...depends on what model Patriot they are offering. If it's 4x4 with some options, I'd buy that Patriot tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Waiting...I've made a decision today with the help of this forum that it's now just a matter of which trim level to buy.
Hi SHEED, good decision, hang in there, you should be able to drive the Renegade in a few months.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Those who think a Fiat product will be higher quality than the Patriot are going to be in for a rude awakening. As far as whether I'd bite on that deal or wait for the Renegade...depends on what model Patriot they are offering. If it's 4x4 with some options, I'd buy that Patriot tomorrow.
It was a 4X4 would have been sufficient.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.