Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,
I have the Longitude 1.4 6 speed manual and I am very happy with My choice.
A female friend is thinking of getting a Renegade and I think I have the best model for My needs.
I would like to recommend said model but she will be doing mostly motorway miles.
Would she be better off with a diesel engine and manual gearbox (due to troublesome 9 speed auto box).
If You could start over again would You have chosen a different model, if so then what would You choose and why ?

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
I think the lady in question needs to drive both petrol and diesel and see which she prefers.

As for would I change model, yes. I wish that my fwd was a 4x4 model.

Reactions: Gaz

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Gaz

I've got the same as you , same Colour if it was you I passed on the road and I love my 1.4 longitude does everything I want and nothing I don't , it really ticks my box and when I replace I'm thinking of having the same model amd engine but adding a few tweaks like the sunroof and park assist package .

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Gaz

I've got the same as you , same Colour if it was you I passed on the road and I love my 1.4 longitude does everything I want and nothing I don't , it really ticks my box and when I replace I'm thinking of having the same model amd engine but adding a few tweaks like the sunroof and park assist package .
Hi Pete & Val,
I had a full size spare alloy wheel and jack / toolkit etc... and keyless entry and start, I also have the 240 volt power point in the rear.
Normally travel through longton to Barlaston, or around Sneyd Green or Badderley Green area, I have a GAZ number plate.
I have passed quite a few Renegades lately, give me a peep and wave if You see me about :).
Enjoy Your Renegade.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the lady in question needs to drive both petrol and diesel and see which she prefers.

As for would I change model, yes. I wish that my fwd was a 4x4 model.
What about the extra weight and fuel economy, I opted for the FWD as I would never go off road and get it dirty.
Got mine for the high driving position and to combat the poor roads in Stoke-on-Trent.
I would have opted for the Anvil or Orange colour but the £700 extra could not be justified as I had to buy jeep mats and genuine mud flaps (£££ it soon mounts up LOL), other makes usually charge between £300-£500 for a metallic option.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Totally happy with my 1.6 FWD Limited - already pretty sure I'll want the same again...

I did test drive the 4WD, but the lower fuel economy and higher overall purchase cost was enough to rule it out, given the high mileage I drive, and the complete lack of 4WD-worthy weather in the UK, FWD is more than adequate!

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
When I got mine I never intended to go off roading. However since going to 'Mission Renegade' a while back and driving a 4x4 Renegade on an indoor and outdoor course, I now want a 4x4 Renegade. I want to take mine to do some light off roading first to see how it gets on and then do something a bit more adventurous with it. It would be nice to take mine to it's limits off road.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm ultra happy with my Trailhawk with projector headlamps, rain sensing wipers, parking pack (rear camera plus all round sensors) and electric seats, 40/20/40 split rear seat (great for fishing rods), full sized spare, now working beats audio and no sunroof. The only thing I'd change would be to go for carbon black rather than solid black....solid black shows dirt and ultra fine scratches more than metallic.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When I got mine I never intended to go off roading. However since going to 'Mission Renegade' a while back and driving a 4x4 Renegade on an indoor and outdoor course, I now want a 4x4 Renegade. I want to take mine to do some light off roading first to see how it gets on and then do something a bit more adventurous with it. It would be nice to take mine to it's limits off road.
can't wait to see what my FWD is like in winter Kev.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm ultra happy with my Trailhawk with projector headlamps, rain sensing wipers, parking pack (rear camera plus all round sensors) and electric seats, 40/20/40 split rear seat (great for fishing rods), full sized spare, now working beats audio and no sunroof. The only thing I'd change would be to go for carbon black rather than solid black....solid black shows dirt and ultra fine scratches more than metallic.
Agree RedX, mine is solid black and a pain to keep clean.
At least the anxiety of a new car (Jeep sorry) only lasts for a few years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.