Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
This is a good video, remember seeing it when it was first posted. Not trying to detract from the awesome off-roading, but I will say I have personally done very similar climbing and even a few things I would consider more difficult than what was done in this video, and all with the stock Trailhawk. Most people would be surprised how much these will do off road. In fact I believe the majority of the people will actually find that they're off roading comfort zone limits them more than the ability of the vehicle. In other words you're renegade trailhawk can probably do more off road then you're ever comfortable doing... Just my $0.02...

·
Registered
234 Posts
do you think the lift and the tires would be worth it on the sport model since they dont have the aproach angle on the front bumper like the TH?
I'm not sure why anyone who wants to do off roading ever buys anything other than the trail hawk... Honestly, any mods they put on are purely cosmetic since they are at a severe disadvantage in the off roading world with missing the 0.8" clearance off the bat and the approach angle of the facia.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
honestly I don’t have the guts to take my TH out to more then light off roading. Cant afford it if something bad should happen. I purchased the TH because I like the looks more then the other models and I know if I get in a pickle I am more likely to get out of it with the TH.

·
Registered
234 Posts
honestly I don’t have the guts to take my TH out to more then light off roading. Cant afford it if something bad should happen. I purchased the TH because I like the looks more then the other models and I know if I get in a pickle I am more likely to get out of it with the TH.
That's fine, it's just interesting that there are non-TH owners that want to off road or get a lift, tires, tow hooks etc... Why not just get the TH? I didn't think the price was that different, especially if one is willing to pay for the mods needed to get it TrailHawk-like.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Why not just get the TH? I didn't think the price was that different, especially if one is willing to pay for the mods needed to get it TrailHawk-like.
This. I contemplated getting the stick, just because I knew it'd be fun in dirt or mud with a locked 4wd/turbo/stick. But adding stuff adds up, might as well get the top of the line one! I personally needed every option, and NEED the off-road version cause I do. It does look better, but it also performs much better at the same time! ?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Why not just get the TH? I didn't think the price was that different, especially if one is willing to pay for the mods needed to get it TrailHawk-like.
This. I contemplated getting the stick, just because I knew it'd be fun in dirt or mud with a locked 4wd/turbo/stick. But adding stuff adds up, might as well get the top of the line one! I personally needed every option, and NEED the off-road version cause I do. It does look better, but it also performs much better at the same time! ?
Amen. Just kinda awkward when a non-th owner asks about how they can fit off road accessories on their jeep... Oh well

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.