Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Close to pulling the trigger on a trailhawk hood vinyl, but then...i saw this.

Now don't get me wrong, it's not functional, but I like the look and it doesn't actually look like a universal Chinese scoop.

So what are your thoughts on it? Would be going on my Omaha Orange Renny but the scoop would be flat black

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
OK. It has a throw-back look. Pretty awesome in a way. Now, if you were to build on that idea... knight rider 'KITT' scanner LEDs, off-road lights nested in the cowl, functional snorkel options, reverse cowl with boost gauges and flux capacitor LED read-ous...... you get the idea :)

I vote for the vinyl options, too... have it on my Lat and it looks cool.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it looks good, however I've always been a fan of scoops and ram air, heat extractors and all of those, but being it wouldn't be functional, I've decided against it. May just go with the vinyl afterall.

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think it looks good, however I've always been a fan of scoops and ram air, heat extractors and all of those, but being it wouldn't be functional, I've decided against it. May just go with the vinyl afterall.

Thanks everyone

I agree with this completely. I'd love a functional scoop or a cowl hood, especially due to how hot this engine compartment seems to stay, but I'd take a tasteful decal over a stick-on scoop.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Go with what you like. It's your jeep. You have to be happy with it. What option would make you proudest of your Renegade?
I just went with the trailhawk vinyl and happy with it. I like the look of the scoop, just not that it's for looks only. If it was functional, I'd go scoop

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I'd say no to the scoop unless it was functional. I don't like any fake scoops or fake vents on my cars.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm with others that I would be embarrassed to have a fake scoop on there. I'd say GO FOR IT if you had a turbo and made the scoop functional (that would be pretty bad ass!).
If I had a non trailhawk (mine has the TH vinyl), I'd get the vinyl that has "renegade" cutouts on the outer side edges (that way it looks way cool, and isn't pretending to be a TH).

THIS decal:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Reneg...ngAAOSwf05XOox0:sc:USPSFirstClass!19147!US!-1

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry but I'm not liking it. I looked through many scoopes and hood "ornaments", none seemed to be a match for the renegade.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts