Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a number of 2015 Renegades in the Metro area Vancouver BC
The dealers are saying there is little markup in the Renegades and Fiat/Chrysler has offered no dealer discounts yet I see discounts offered across the line in Washington State.
What gives? It is October already

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
The dealers are saying there is little markup in the Renegades and Fiat/Chrysler has offered no dealer discounts yet I see discounts offered across the line in Washington State.
Yes it is the 5th.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
They told you a standard stealership lie, and you believed them.

Sounds like you need to brush up on your car buying negotiation skills.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They told you a standard stealership lie, and you believed them.

Sounds like you need to brush up on your car buying negotiation skills.
No I did not believe them. That is why I posted to confirm that others agreed.

I will give them my best offer and move on. Having said that I like the Renegade and hope they accept it.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,208 Posts

I will give them my best offer and move on. Having said that I like the Renegade and hope they accept it.
Thanks
Just giving your best offer does not always work in negotiation, it has to be Win-Win, by you saying here is my best offer your setting up a Win-Lose situation, what is in it for them?

Here are some threads for general negotiation tips and strategies:

http://www.jeeprenegadeforum.com/forum/241-ontario/12770-good-negotiated-deal-ontario.html

http://www.jeeprenegadeforum.com/fo...218-how-much-can-i-expect-pay-dealership.html

http://www.jeeprenegadeforum.com/fo...ny-tips-tricks-general-battle-strategies.html

·
Registered
378 Posts
There is not a lot of inventory out there in Canada and the dealers know that. I see some dealers have a lot of Sport models that they will deal on but Latitude and Trailhawk models are in short supply. It depends on how bad you want the car. For me time is money and I won't spent endless weeks playing games with a dealer on a car that is in short supply. If they have it and I want it and they will sell for under MSRP and throw in some things I will buy it and thats what I did.

·
Registered
161 Posts

Thanks
Good for you, hope it works out!

Have you checked to see if Chrysler Affiliates Rewards applies to Canada? You could get your "best offer" as a non-negotiable deal for 1% under the dealer invoice, without all of the hassle and games.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No jeep yet

Thanks for the advice but the dealers in Vancouver are firm. One tried to talk me into a 2016 order but I like the comando colour and the 100 thousand klic warranty.
I noticed that more of them are available with the notation 'in transit' so it looks like jeep is shipping the jeeps they have in stock in Canada to their dealers. I am crossing my fingers that a jeep incentive will follow. What do you think?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Thanks for the advice but the dealers in Vancouver are firm. One tried to talk me into a 2016 order but I like the comando colour and the 100 thousand klic warranty.
I noticed that more of them are available with the notation 'in transit' so it looks like jeep is shipping the jeeps they have in stock in Canada to their dealers. I am crossing my fingers that a jeep incentive will follow. What do you think?
I have not seen an abundance of these cars at any dealer in Ontario. Some have none and some have just a few. There is no incentive from FCA at this time and I can't see it happening because they are so few cars. However there are lots of 2015 and 2016 Cherokees filling up the dealer lots and they are bending over backwards to move them out. I am seeing discounts of almost $5K to push them. This is one case where they should have cut down on production.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.