Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guess what boys n girls.....

Tried to take my Renegade to another (#4) dealer for the radio issues that still persist. *I have to have an extended warranty to be able to get a loaner/rental*

Also, I am suppose to wash the barely dirty vehicle because f****ing dust on the paint can cause rattles.....

Saitta Trudeau CDJ in Pahrump NV for those curious.

I informed them that @JeepCares said to let them know I qualify for ECS and they basically told me they don't care and I can call them myself because they refuse to call them before my appointment. fwiw, I was the ONLY customer in the service department and calling them would have been a terrible inconvience apparently.

So @JeepCares, y'all care to give me some assistance again? I called Kori and left a message a few minutes ago already.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,431 Posts
FCA and many other dealer networks went through the "you need to rent a car"
period (or at least pay for the insurance) over the past 5 or 6 years here in Europe.

Eventually they all caved and went back to offering courtesy cars after losing business
to the dealers networks who carried on with courtesy cars.

My bodywork guy has to run a fleet of little loaners at his own expense, otherwise people
and insurance companies just do not put their business his way.

FCA'll learn. They did here in France.

;)

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah.....I'm going to Vegas later today and gonna talk with them while I'm there. The dealer here doesn't have the slightest bit of professionalism.....called me "buddy" like 84 times in 10 minutes. I'm not your buddy or your pal, I'm a customer who paid a lot of money for a vehicle that's broken and it's your job to fix it. I have 21908 miles, I don't need an extended warranty for a repair covered under my bumper to bumper and I sure as crap don't need an extended warranty to cover my loaner/rental. Your a service department, service the stupid vehicle and quit trying to piss off all your customers.

The guy that was waiting on parts department to figure out how to give him a part was even offended by how they treated me......maybe I should just stop back by and ask to chat with the owner.

Lost a customer before even making an actual ticket, way to go.

·
Super Moderator
1,431 Posts
It's a sorry state of affairs.

I think FCA wield a bigger stick here in Europe with respect to their dealerships,
although it's far from perfect.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I sure as crap don't need an extended warranty to cover my loaner/rental.
Hrm, did you sign up for Jeep Wave?

https://www.mopar.com/jeep/en-us/care/jeep-wave/sign-in.html

As part of the Jeep® Wave program, members receive a special Mopar Vehicle Protection (MVP) plan for their Jeep® Brand vehicle. MVP is genuine factory-backed extended coverage that includes maintenance services, trip interruption, and rental allowance associated with the membership. Owners will have access to their vehicle's MVP plan as part of Jeep Wave.
The Plan will reimburse up to $1,000/event for lodging, meals and emergency transportation such as taxi, bus or airline for the member and his family if (1) his vehicle is inoperable due to a failure covered under this Plan or under the factory warranty and (2) you are more than 100 miles from the address of record. Lodging, meals and emergency transportation receipts must accompany a copy of repair bill and must be mailed to Vehicle Protection, P.O. Box 2700, Troy, Michigan 48007-2700. There is no maximum number of events that can be covered.
First Day Rental Allowance provides $35.00 car rental allowance if the vehicle is to be serviced for any same day mechanical repair or maintenance service (excluding bodywork). Vehicles kept overnight are not eligible for First Day Rental. Please note: Excludes rental for bodywork to the exterior sheet metal/composite panel or frame collision repairs.

The rental vehicle must be obtained from a dealer. If a dealer does not have rental vehicles available, you may obtain one from a licensed rental agency. Rental coverage is subject to state and local laws and policies imposed by the rental agency. Rental charges in excess of the amount allowed by the plan are the member’s responsibility. The plan is not responsible for any refusal of a rental agency to rent a vehicle to you.

·
Super Moderator
1,431 Posts
Why should anyone have to pay extra and take out an extra insurance policy for a brand new vehicle?!?!

It's under warranty. The supplier needs to take steps to fix it and remove any inconvenience to their customer.

End. Of.

Sheesh.

The US used to be the home of customer care and service.
What happened?!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Why should anyone have to pay extra and take out an extra insurance policy for a brand new vehicle?!?!

It's under warranty. The supplier needs to take steps to fix it and remove any inconvenience to their customer.
I'm not saying anyone should have to.

I got Jeep Wave for 2 years auto-included with my purchase.

·
Super Moderator
1,431 Posts
That just sounds like what we get in the EU
for any new car. They can't sell 'em without
a (minimum) 2 year comprehensive manufacturer's
warranty. And no one sells cars without the full
monty customer care.

And most other FCA marques (But not Jeep for some reason) include a 3rd year country concessionaire back warranty.

·
Registered
269 Posts
monty customer care.

And most other FCA marques (But not Jeep for some reason) include a 3rd year country concessionaire back warranty.
It's 3 years in the UK even for Jeep. Same basis as Alfa.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

End. Of.

Sheesh.

The US used to be the home of customer care and service.
What happened?!
Exactly and no I don't have Jeep Wave

·
Registered
130 Posts
I wonder if your vehicle VIN shows up with a red flag of some sort on the FCA dealer information system. Somehow, your "reputation" seems to precede you. It would be very interesting to see the screen when the service advisor pulls up your vehicle. Note that I'm not saying this in a judgemental way. It's just curious how you consistently experience substandard treatment.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wonder if your vehicle VIN shows up with a red flag of some sort on the FCA dealer information system. Somehow, your "reputation" seems to precede you. It would be very interesting to see the screen when the service advisor pulls up your vehicle. Note that I'm not saying this in a judgemental way. It's just curious how you consistently experience substandard treatment.
Well, I have ECS flagged....which generally means not to piss off a customer lol.

He was being a tool before this, then it got better (worse) after he figured out he would have to work more.

·
Super Moderator
1,431 Posts
Totally. :( Living vicariously through other AOers. ;)

How's Jeep ownership treating you?
I'm back in the arms of the Cannes
dealership with the Renegade.
After 16 years they know what I won't
put up with now ... :lol:

·
Registered
203 Posts
monty customer care.

Jeep Wave is not a warranty. It's an extra service.

The basic limited warranty is 36 months or 36K miles.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And.....no call back from @JeepCares after 5 business days.

Somebody wanna do something about this or should it just fall off a cliff?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts