Jeep Renegade Forum banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Holy crap.
I've no experience with Falken tires, so was blissfully ignorant.
Just looked at falken website.
You're right... not even close!!
yeah, my TH came with the falken hto1, the F150 I traded in on the TH, had the AT3W for almost a year, I loved them.
I emailed falken several times suggesting the make the AT3W in a 215or 225/65R17 to fit the trailhawk. had a back and forth email conversation with some guy from product developmet, he sounded interested in what i had to say. Now, like 8 months later they release a size to fit the TH.
Don' know if I actually helped make it happen, but I like to think I did. lol

·
Registered
141 Posts
The AT3W look good but I'm in the same boat as Jim it is too much a/t for my driving. The g015 seems to hit that sweet spot of getting me 200 miles to the farm and having enough offroad performance to play on the trails there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The AT3W look good but I'm in the same boat as Jim it is too much a/t for my driving. The g015 seems to hit that sweet spot of getting me 200 miles to the farm and having enough offroad performance to play on the trails there.
I have been riding Yokohama G015 for about 1 year and I am satisfied with my choice. I consider them valid in the light and comfortable off-road on asphalt. If I have to find a fault in my opinion they are less suitable on snow and ice but I used them on this surface on a really difficult path and I would have expected more.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Compared to the Wranglers that came on it thought. They are above and beyond a better tire and should be a standard on the TH in my opinion. Where I live you may have 1-4 days of snow and ice on the roads so that isn't that big of a deal. But the light trail use at the farm and with some water and mud on the trail these perform as expected.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Again another newbie to this , however I will ask away , if the stock trailhawk combination is 215/65/r17 which result in 28 inch diameter tyres , I assume if I buy some 16 inch wheels , I like these they look 'basic' (terrafirma tf4408 ) and fit yoko Geolander 215/70/r16 to them (resulting in 28.2 diameter wheels ) I have achieved equilibrium

I can also fit 225/70/r16 to the same wheels (?) and they should not rub ?

·
Registered
212 Posts
I can also fit 225/70/r16 to the same wheels (?) and they should not rub ?
225/70r16 = 28.4

compared to my 225/65r17 = 28.5
I would get an occasional scuff with the wheel turned slightly going up a curb, or playing off road while the wheel was slightly turned.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Spacer gives you clearance between the strut and the tire, widens the stance, looks cool.

Lift would give you some clearance for a larger tire.

SOMETIMES, it requires both, depending on how big of a tire you are wanting to go.

225/65r17 will clear with just a 1.5" lift (no scuffing).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Spacer gives you clearance between the strut and the tire, widens the stance, looks cool.

Lift would give you some clearance for a larger tire.

SOMETIMES, it requires both, depending on how big of a tire you are wanting to go.

225/65r17 will clear with just a 1.5" lift (no scuffing).

Again thanks for the reply, does your scuffing experience apply to a Trailhawk or non-trailhawk Renegade (Thinking about the difference in factory lift on stock vehicles)

81 - 90 of 90 Posts