Jeep Renegade Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just got mine in yesterday, waiting (impatiently) to install once I get home from next week. I got the bigger black horse one with the skid plate. Got lights for it too and plan on blacking out my grille, should look pretty good once it is done based off of how these rennys look. It will be the first of hopefully at least a handful of mods to my renegade.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I have 2017 latitude and i wanted to add some bull bars to it but all i see are ones for the TH models. Any idea if i can even add them on to my model?
This is the bullbar for the basic Latitude. Below the photograph of the bullbar it says this model will NOT fit the Trailhawk. They have other models for the Dawn of Justice edition and Sports editions also.

Model #: KJ50011BK

http://daystarweb.com/productdetail.php?productID=1499

·
Registered
109 Posts
I finally got around to installing a bullbar on the Rene. The Rugged Ridge 2.5” black bullbar. It was a very easy install. Living in the core of a large city like Toronto where one has to park on the street, people have a tendency to play bumper cars when parallel parking. Hopefully this will help some.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you're looking to improve approach angle and go tough as nails.... I highly recommend the Avid Essentials gear! It is a full bumper replacement and is a bit of an undertaking but entirely worth it. I had mine installed a few months ago and am MADLY in love with the look and functionality. They also have rear bumpers with the same result, I opted for the rear tire carrier version. Again, it's an undertaking but entirely worth while!

Oh and all the bumpers they fabricate are compatible with all renegade models as the entire stock bumper is removed and replaced.

Is it safe to assume that no one who installed a bull bar takes their Renegade off-road?
It looks like some of those, especially the larger ones, have an adverse impact on approach angle.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey Josh Q; on the Avid rear bumper w/the tire carrier. Does the tire feel secure when mounted. Is there any play in it or does it seem solid.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Quick short answer, it is on there solid as can be with no play or wiggle.

More in depth about my experience....

Once mounted correctly it is solid as can be. It comes with a 3 bolt pattern and 3 lugs to hold it in place. Here is a photo of the mounting bracket with the tire installed. It is similar to a trailer receiver and hitch system. Nearer to the tire (pointing upwards) is a set screw bolt that I tightened once I had adjusted the distance. Then you can see the second, I call it anchor bolt, that is facing the camera. The bolt they ship with the bumper is very short and was not long enough to thread into the receiver with my larger tires when I extended the mount. I ordered up a longer one through Fastenal for a matter of like $3. I ordered a 65mm metric bolt, I'll try to dig up my receipt to confirm if it is M12x1.25 or M12x1.5. Voila!

Also note, if you do go this route... The light they included for the rear license plate light has a white and black wire coming from it. Don't be fooled, the WHITE WIRE is in fact your grounding wire. I spent days nearly ripping out my hair trying to figure out why black to ground wasn't lighting up with a verified completed circuit. For the sake of testing I did black to positive and white to ground, booya we have light and no tickets lol

Hey Josh Q; on the Avid rear bumper w/the tire carrier. Does the tire feel secure when mounted. Is there any play in it or does it seem solid.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks Joshua, I think you posted the only pic ive seen of the back side of this tire mount. I appreciate you taking the time to respond. Great job
Respect...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just tried a 2.5" Rugged Ridge on my 2016 trailhawk and it didn't fit. Instructions show a flat plat bumper, my bumper has a 3/8" raised edge. Tried to space it out and you can't add the bumper supports back on without modifications. Bolt on my ass.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,234 Posts
I just tried a 2.5" Rugged Ridge on my 2016 trailhawk and it didn't fit. Instructions show a flat plat bumper, my bumper has a 3/8" raised edge. Tried to space it out and you can't add the bumper supports back on without modifications. Bolt on my ass.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Check you other post.

·
Registered
1 Posts
would you please provide us with the installation instructions? as I've said before I bought the black horse model and the instructions are not clear at all and i can't seem to find ‘
I finally got to install it yesterday at a parking lot. It took me around 2 hours to install .
Another pair of hand would have been better . but I did it without lifting the car .
Easy installation , just get someone to help you.
did you remove the mud flap ?

2016 DOJ
the same model that you have.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have been looking to get a bull bar for the front of my 2016 75a.

I have seen all the obvious ones, Daystar, madness, renegade ready offroad, Mitsosunda.

Recently, I am also seeing black horse... has anyone used this one? price is right around $200.

Any others out there or recommendations?
RockyRoadOutfitters!!!
Bull bar and prerunner skid plate for approx. $435. Heavy metal!!!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts