Jeep Renegade Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Add me to the WD-40 lubrication fix.

2016 TH MySky was sluggish and eventually would not close. Tried the manual close method using a torx wrench, but could not get enough leverage. Eventually got it closed an inch at a time by pressing the button and releasing it each time it got stuck. Also had a helper pushing on it from the outside.

Then used WD-40 to lube the front an rear tracks (removed the rear panel to get better access to the rear). Now it operates as it should.

·
Registered
104 Posts
WD-40 is only going to be a short term fix. I would recommend some white lithium grease on the track for better long term function.
You may be right. I'm just relieved that it's not a mechanical issue and I can fix it myself.
From the looks of it, white lithium grease is what was there before.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My MySky power roof will not open when I hit the button to open it. When I do open and close I hear the motor run but nothing. I took the panel out and I can see the cables on each side move back and forth. I put the panel back in and nothing! Has anyone experience this? I see a lot of people have issues with the power roof not closing but I haven't see anyone with my issue of the roof not tilting up or moving back.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Renegade MySky Won't Close

Difficult to find this thread using "Search" or even using Google, so I'm gonna start by throwing in a bunch of search terms.

Renegade MySky My Sky Won't Close Stuck Stopped Working Power Sunroof Broken Reset Re-initialization

Anyways, I was searching online for a way to reset the powered MySky sunroof panel on my 2016 Jeep Renegade after it became stuck in the open position. I Googled and Googled and Googled but came up with nothing. Then a light bulb went off in my head and I started Googling using all the same search terms as before but this time I replaced "Jeep Renegade" with "Fiat 500X". Almost immediately I found the answer!

If yours is stuck open, pull down on the "CLOSE" button and keep pulling it down. Might take 30 seconds or longer of constant pressure but then the panel will start to close 2 or 3 inches at a time. Don't take your finger off the button! Keep pulling down on the button and the MySky will finally close all the way and seat itself. That's it! Reset procedure complete.

And since this is my 1st post (joined the Forum this morning specifically to search for this issue) I might as well throw in a pic. Here's me and my Trailhawk leaving on a 1500-mile trip to Utah to go play on the slickrock ---->

NO PICS ALLOWED

LOL. The forum won't let a new member post pictures. That's pretty funny. What a great rule! I suppose we must protect the forum from whatever nasty picture the new guy was going to post.
:laugh:

Anyway, I hope this post helps somebody somewhere sometime in the future.
I just wanted to say thanks for all your time and research. I own a 2018 Trailhawk and it was giving me the same issues. Now I know what to do. Have a great day.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Hi Mike and welcome.

May I be the first to offer my thanks for such a well detailed and informed post on resetting MySky?

Though I don't personally have the MySky I know your contribution will be readily used by a lot of members on the forum that have suffered or will suffer at a later date for theie MySky failing to close.

In relation to not being being able to post pictures I cannot comment on as I have no idea what happened. However do not let that stop you from contributing to the forum. In here we like problem solvers. (y)(y)(y)

(I hear you freckers!! Puddle solves nothing) But I do like to chat :p:p:p

·
Registered
1 Posts
Renegade MySky Won't Close

Difficult to find this thread using "Search" or even using Google, so I'm gonna start by throwing in a bunch of search terms.

Renegade MySky My Sky Won't Close Stuck Stopped Working Power Sunroof Broken Reset Re-initialization

Anyways, I was searching online for a way to reset the powered MySky sunroof panel on my 2016 Jeep Renegade after it became stuck in the open position. I Googled and Googled and Googled but came up with nothing. Then a light bulb went off in my head and I started Googling using all the same search terms as before but this time I replaced "Jeep Renegade" with "Fiat 500X". Almost immediately I found the answer!

If yours is stuck open, pull down on the "CLOSE" button and keep pulling it down. Might take 30 seconds or longer of constant pressure but then the panel will start to close 2 or 3 inches at a time. Don't take your finger off the button! Keep pulling down on the button and the MySky will finally close all the way and seat itself. That's it! Reset procedure complete.

And since this is my 1st post (joined the Forum this morning specifically to search for this issue) I might as well throw in a pic. Here's me and my Trailhawk leaving on a 1500-mile trip to Utah to go play on the slickrock ---->

NO PICS ALLOWED

LOL. The forum won't let a new member post pictures. That's pretty funny. What a great rule! I suppose we must protect the forum from whatever nasty picture the new guy was going to post.
:laugh:

Anyway, I hope this post helps somebody somewhere sometime in the future.
Thank you so much! That was too easy!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys! I was just wondering if anyone had this problem and if they did how they solved/fixed it. Last week I was out of town visiting my family and, of course, showing off the Renegade. After my show and tell...I went to reclose the powered MySky...but it would only go forward a bit before completely reopening! We tried everything to get it to close, more lubrication, pushing on it...etc. I had used the powered MySky dozens of times before and never had an issue. We eventually forced it shut and never did find the the panel that opens that is supposed to allow you to Allen wrench the thing closed...according to the manual. I've been too scared to even try the power roof again. I am also afraid that once I get to the dealer it probably won't do a darn thing wrong. Winter is starting to set in here in Nebraska and and an open roof just won't do! Please let me know if anyone has had this problem and I look forward to hearing from you! Looking forward to having the wind back in my hair...and least in the afternoons yet!
Same her told it would cost $3,500 for the roof assembly plus 9 hours of labor and part backed ordered for 45 days! they need to recall the problem and fix it!

41 - 48 of 48 Posts