Jeep Renegade Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm.fitting the 6x9 infinity speakers this week so will post some pics once it's done
Got the wind deflectors arriving soon too. I've asked a friend at a body shop to colour code the interior trim as mines boring grey. And I like the look of the factory coloured ones. Going with solar yellow to match the outside.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Metra 71-039c's have arrived...at last..just washing Jeep and will fit the dash speakers after lunch.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Wooohoooo finally so your going to spend the day listening to music once it's done. bet you can't wait. Let me know how you get on.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'll do a post with my verdict, having done the speaker upgrade the wrong way round...ie dash last.

·
Registered
116 Posts
So the jnfnity speakers. Never arrived. Bloody unless audio shops. So I'm ordering the Mb quart onyx 2 ways. Will see what they sound like. Oh and still no connectors for the front speakers either.

·
Registered
12 Posts
71-050's or 72-6514's for the U.S.?

So, I'm a little confused (and paranoid since I've already swapped speakers and buttoned things up), are the correct connectors for the front and rear doors of the 9 speaker system the metra 71-050's or the metra 72-6514's? I understand they are the same just with reversed polarity but which should I be using? I'm in the US, not UK.

·
Registered
348 Posts
So, I'm a little confused (and paranoid since I've already swapped speakers and buttoned things up), are the correct connectors for the front and rear doors of the 9 speaker system the metra 71-050's or the metra 72-6514's? I understand they are the same just with reversed polarity but which should I be using? I'm in the US, not UK.
The 6514's are much easier to find, and the wires can be easily switched for the polarity issue.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The 6514's are much easier to find, and the wires can be easily switched for the polarity issue.
I guess I should rephrase my question.......

I live in the US and is where I purchased my '16 Renegade. I am currently using the 72-6514's. Do I have the speakers polarity reversed? Should I be using the 71-050's?

·
Super Moderator
3,538 Posts
I guess I should rephrase my question.......

I live in the US and is where I purchased my '16 Renegade. I am currently using the 72-6514's. Do I have the speakers polarity reversed? Should I be using the 71-050's?

Yes you have the polarity reversed.

·
Registered
348 Posts
If you look at the 6514, there are small plastic tabs above the conductors that hold the wires in place:

Use a thin metal tool to lift the tab and pull out the wire. I use this:

Reverse the wires and snap them back in.

On your factory wiring, the wire with the black stripe is your negative. Just match it with the black wire on your adapter and you are good to go.

Reactions: RedX

·
Registered
348 Posts
Couldn't edit my previous post. These are the tabs I'm talking about. Just slip something underneath it to slightly lift it and the wire will come out:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just used the 72-6514 today in my new trailhawk to install some JBL GX963 6x9s. Just reversed the wires and it worked great. Thanks for this thread!

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you look at the 6514, there are small plastic tabs above the conductors that hold the wires in place:

Use a thin metal tool to lift the tab and pull out the wire. I use this:

Reverse the wires and snap them back in.

On your factory wiring, the wire with the black stripe is your negative. Just match it with the black wire on your adapter and you are good to go.
Do you reverse the wires on the front and rear door speakers only or the two dash speakers as well?

41 - 57 of 57 Posts