Jeep Renegade Forum banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys. Thanks in advance for any advice and help. This morning I am actually heading back out to try and get my 2016 renegade back out to the highway. I took it down a powerline yesterday and now I am having these issues. Dynamic steering torque and a couple other things. Has anyone found a at home fix for these errors? Asking because I am about to drive 1.5 hours to try and get this vehicle back with minimal help. This all happened on some easy ground but now this damn thing can't even go up a hill with 10 feet of grade on it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bought a BRAND NEW Renegade North 4X4 Last Friday, drove 190 miles home so now total 256 miles on it as it had been out for a few "test drives" as I was told at the Dealership, the next day being Saturday I went to go to the store for Milk and there is NO 4 WD, the 4WD light won't come on nor will the selector move to "snow"(we have a foot of the fresh stuff), it just stays in "Auto" with only FWD and gets stuck, and now it is showing errors on the dash as follows:
* Dynamic Steering Torque Service Req'd
  • Service ESC System
  • Service Hill Start System

What gives here ?
Is this a common problem with Renegades ?
Has anyone else here experienced this problem with their BRAND NEW Renegade and if so what was the fix ?

Going back to the Dealership Tuesday morning, but we need a RELIABLE 4WD where I live here in Canada, hence why we bought it ?
Call 1-888-327-4236 to report this to NHTSA. Let's get this recalled.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same issue on a 2017 sport edition with about 40,000 miles. I just bought it less than a month ago. It is in the shop now, I will update it when they get back to me. Hopefully we figure this out! Until then I will enjoy my loaner vehicle from the dealership!
Call 1-888-327-4236 to report this to NHTSA. Let's get this recalled.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, I have had these issues before. Almost all of my emergence signals were lit up, Check Engine, Service Steering, Service Parking Brake, No 4-Wheel Drive when switched on. Dealer said it was a "clock spring," and it has been fine for a few months. Now the Service Tire Pressure Monitoring System, and Service Parking Brake have lit up.
The electrical system really seems to be a weak point in the vehicle. Due to the Coronavirus situation here in the NYC/NJ area, servicing will have to wait.
Thank you for the update on your renegade— my new 2021 renegade is truly a disappointment- it’s got all the problems that I have seen discussed in this group.. it’s not like my wranglers - that’s for sure I don’t know what to do with it.. it’s a brand new car

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you for the update on your renegade— my new 2021 renegade is truly a disappointment- it’s got all the problems that I have seen discussed in this group.. it’s not like my wranglers - that’s for sure I don’t know what to do with it.. it’s a brand new car
I’m in Nyc/ New Jersey area right now too

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’m in Nyc/ New Jersey area right now to

·
Premium Member
2020 Renegade Sport 4WD, GOBI Roof Rack, TOYO Open Country AT
24 Posts
So I have a 2020 Renegade Sport, just shy of 37K miles. Had no issues with it up to today but I was climbing the gravel hill to my house in about 4 inches of snow. I was in 4WD snow mode and lost everything. Error messages popped and got kicked into FWD. Jeep went sliding.
  • Dynamic Steering Torque service required
  • Service Electronic Power Steering
  • Service Hill Start Assist system
  • Traction Assist Turned Off/Light On
Had to back down the hill and chain up the front to get her home. I saw a suggestion for unhooking the battery to reset, anyone tried this yet?

-Mike

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
So I have a 2020 Renegade Sport, just shy of 37K miles. Had no issues with it up to today but I was climbing the gravel hill to my house in about 4 inches of snow. I was in 4WD snow mode and lost everything. Error messages popped and got kicked into FWD. Jeep went sliding.
  • Dynamic Steering Torque service required
  • Service Electronic Power Steering
  • Service Hill Start Assist system
  • Traction Assist Turned Off/Light On
Had to back down the hill and chain up the front to get her home. I saw a suggestion for unhooking the battery to reset, anyone tried this yet?

-Mike
A bit of an update, I went out this morning with my basic OBD II reader with the intention of trying to clear the thing out and get 4WD back. Dealer can't check it till at least Jan 6 and I have to be able to get around in the snow just to get to town and back home. When I turned it on there were no codes, no errors, nothing in the Jeep display as error codes and all my 4WD modes worked. I will take it out in a bit and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
A bit of an update, I went out this morning with my basic OBD II reader with the intention of trying to clear the thing out and get 4WD back. Dealer can't check it till at least Jan 6 and I have to be able to get around in the snow just to get to town and back home. When I turned it on there were no codes, no errors, nothing in the Jeep display as error codes and all my 4WD modes worked. I will take it out in a bit and see what happens.
So far it hasn’t happened again, dealer is running diagnostics as I type this. I’ll update when I know something.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I got all these codes around Christmas time. Got the codes ran at a local auto parts and finally took it to the dealer. Dealer did diagnosis of 2 hours shop time and said codes are pointing to "implausible right wheel speed sensor signal". I I assume they checked the wiring to ensure that was not obviously damaged. The right hub was replaced by a local shop after they messed it up installing new wheels. I am waiting for the dealer to get the replacement sensor in. Failure of that sensor disables many of those systems as they rely on the inputs for correct operation. Car runs pretty good, there is some hesitation most noticeable when cold and the dealer said that is also a symptom.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just took my ‘new to me’ 2017 trailhawk for a beach trip. Second day of cruising in the sand I had these same issues. Service ESC, Service hill start. Ended up not being able to lock in 4wd and getting stuck. Not happy. I hope it’s as simple as the computer update. Glad I came across this thread.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Dealer has found nothing with mine at all and I have had no other issues to date. Without being able to pull a code there is not much they can do. Hope you can figure your issues out quickly and let us know what you find.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts